Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Both the ROG Ally and Legion Go have better raw performance than the Steam Deck - but don't believe the "2x better!" nonsense, and dont think you'll be able to play modern AAA games at 60 FPS and High settings on any of these devices.

The Steam Deck has the best form factor out of all the handhelds due to the back buttons, touch pads, touch screen, etc. Best OS too (although being Linux based comes with certain restrictions and limitations - particularly with anti-cheat compatibility with online games).

The only gripes with the Steam Deck are the bad screen (LCD), bad battery life (you will need a mobile power bank for travelling), and low specs that require you to play AAA games in the lowest settings if you want a decent FPS.

I love my deck. Ish is the honda of portable gaming it gets the job done. On a small unit I don't need all these bells and whistles. Been playing wwe 2k23 so much on this

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I love my deck. Ish is the honda of portable gaming it gets the job done. On a small unit I don't need all these bells and whistles. Been playing wwe 2k23 so much on this

this is a great analogy

the deck is great but theres a lot of areas for improvement for the inevitable Deck 2