Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Trying to decide between a Steam Deck, ASUS Ally, or waiting on a Legion Go. Any advice brehs?

If you can get pass the sd card issues Ally been holding me down(My sd card reader still works but it did fry my 1tb sd card I was using for emulation. Luckily Amazon replaced it. Now I just use my sd card reader for quick file transfers. I wouldn't get it new but open box models at Best Buy have been as low as 530 and I couldn't recommend it enough at that price.

Steam Deck is still the best "console experience" though and you can find one pretty easily now and days for under 400.

The lenovo has really cool ideas but under the hood it's the same tech as the Ally.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Trying to decide between a Steam Deck, ASUS Ally, or waiting on a Legion Go. Any advice brehs?

Both the ROG Ally and Legion Go have better raw performance than the Steam Deck - but don't believe the "2x better!" nonsense, and dont think you'll be able to play modern AAA games at 60 FPS and High settings on any of these devices.

The Steam Deck has the best form factor out of all the handhelds due to the back buttons, touch pads, touch screen, etc. Best OS too (although being Linux based comes with certain restrictions and limitations - particularly with anti-cheat compatibility with online games).

The only gripes with the Steam Deck are the bad screen (LCD), bad battery life (you will need a mobile power bank for travelling), and low specs that require you to play AAA games in the lowest settings if you want a decent FPS.

Last edited:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
IMG-1638.jpg

managed to share the steam account I got into my own library… there’s a family option on steam deck that lets you share games with ppl :wow:

unfortunatly some games like starfield won’t share so I have to play on the og account

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
where is it $89?

$50 on greenmangaming (gotta sign in). could be cheaper on other key sellers

or wait for Steam Sale, but Sony probably not going too low on their newest release
Steam (Canada) :beli: it’s 79… I was thinking of another game that I want :beli: