Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The door locked behind Kanan. I think Ghost had to break out. At least I hope so. If 50 is alive that would be wack/SPOILER]

Good point]

Nah, I think him going out right there was the perfect ending for his character arc. I mean does it get any better than him smoking his son because His son didn't smoke Ghost, only to get killed by Ghost 1 on 1? How can his character go out any better than that? We just knew that when it came time for him to go, his character wouldnt. Kanan dying at the S2 Finale would have been best for the story moving forward, no matter what actor was playing Kanan. We just happened to be right that his character would be stretched out because he's behind the show.

With Kanan still alive, what purpose does he serve? His characters whole purpose was to get back at Ghost for locking him up. He tried everything, and he failed. Because Ghost has always had what he doesn't, intelligence. The ability to put the math before the emotions. And in the end, Ghost won. Let it die there. It lasted two seasons. He lost his son (who Ghost loved), He did every SNAKE thing he could possibly do, and Ghost still came out on top. What else is there to do? The show is better moving forward with Ghost vs Tommy. Angela vs Greg. Lobos and His connections vs everyone. It's just better that the show moves on without him.

Every connection he is over. and its not even like Shawn survived and he could play the "wanna be a better father" angle. He killed his son. Burned every connection he had. What the hell is there left for him to do?

Yea Ghost and Tasha did set Kanan up. I didn't spoiler it because they mentioned in a prior episode. It was the episode where Ghost got put out and went to Tasha saying "K know we set him up, you gotta let me come back to protect you and the kids".
Tasha said fukk dat. Later that night Kanan came by and Tasha had a gun when she answered the door.

Just checked out the finale. It was solid.

First off, if 50 survived that, then he aint going to be no good to nobody, it takes times for that kind of burns to heal.. he gonna be in the hospitol all next season.. Or he could secretly be a avenger or a member of the fast and furious team and come back ep 1 with a a few cuts.. But I think ghost is gonna reveal to him and the audience that he DID NOT set him up, he has never admitted to doing it, it has anly been alluded to.. There was a scene where he tells tommy that kanan just needs somebody to blame..

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's getting income off this regardless if he appears in it. He's an executive producer on this.

I know

Makes more as an actor, especially with the show getting more and more popular

He might make 25k per episode off acting, plus it keeps his face out there

No reason for him to let this show go

Might even help his rap career

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
after seeing the last episode im certain that

Ghost=50 cent( A drug dealer transitioning into a legitimate lifestyle but has to deal with all the people around him pulling him in different directions. Ghost has to figure everything out on his own and the livelihoods of everyone around him depends on his success. Ghost realizes that his closest friends(g unit) and baby momma don't understand his vision and what he wants his life to be and begins making plans to have a life without them)

Stern= Jimmy Iovine(Ghost(50) is trying to go legit by owning a club which in real life matches with 50's transition from the streets to making music. 50 looks to start a new life through music but finds out this game is just as dirty and the ownership of his music is signed away to Jimmy iovine in some kind of scheme the same way Stern does ghost. Jimmy iovine tells 50 you can't get off your contract/get your masters until you earn a certain amount of profit but interscope is cooking the books, keeping 50 from getting all the money he deserves and the freedom to leave the label. Not to long ago 50 kept saying his album was taking a long time to be released because it was his final album on interscope and he was auditing them to make sure that all the numbers and paperwork was right. 50 finds out through the audit he is owed over 20 million dollars, just like Ghost finds out that kanto has been cooking the books for Stern.

Sean= 50's son marquise(The weak, disloyal son who didn't become the man 50 wanted him to be but became the man his mom wanted him to be, hence kanaan telling ghost that sean wasn't his son.

Tasha= 50's 1st baby momma(a bitter, jealous gold digger with no job, who is sleeping with a man in a much lower financial station than 50(ghots0

Tommy= Tony yayo (loyal to ghost(50) to the point he can be easily manipulated, not a deep thinker or planner, turns on ghost(50) when he finds out he's been getting manipulated/outsmarted for years

Dre= kidd kidd- the new guy who left a rival dealer(birdman) but has proven his loyalty to the point that Ghost(50) uses him for back up when he can't trust his closest compadre Tommy (tony yayo) anymore.

Kanaan=loosely based on Supreme(Kenneth Mcgriff) a old gangster who will do anything to retain his spot including killing family. He used to run the block and taught ghost(50) everything he knew until Ghost dropped the dime on him to take his spot. interestingly enough 50 is accused of snitching on preme and getting him locked up, and with him out the way 50 finally achieved the success he wanted his whole life.

could be all wrong, but its what i drew from watching the show. 50 is heavily involved in the writing process and im sure the people who really know him are watching that show like its a biopic.

Interesting but i think its more like the avon barksdale stringer bell connection

Ghost is like stringer bell

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Didn't like the finale as much as I thought I would. Ghost and Kanan Voorhees had opportunities to kill each other but all that talking ruined it for me. Had a feeling Kanan Voorhees wasn't dead. Dude was straight up :troll: I think the sprinklers got turned on in result of the fire. Not surprised that the one fed dude is working for Lobos. Always got that weird vibe from him. He probably already knew Jamie was Ghost and wasn't going to let him go down anyways.

Can't wait for season 3

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
The name "Ghost" and Jamie St. Patrick was always in the investigation, they just never knew who he was because unlike Tommy he has no record, but they knew Tommy was a distributor for Lobos but couldnt catch him red handed.. Which was why some episodes ago, Ghost was driving himself and rear-ended another vehicle Angela went down there herself to make sure he didnt get placed in the system. The Feds had the info, just not the ID. They didnt have an ID on Tommy either even with the record until the illegal sketch was made.

The plots are somewhat shaky though, but it's noticeable only because the show is that interesting. i thought the season finale was OK at best, but certainly left alot of material to cover for season 3.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
after seeing the last episode im certain that

Ghost=50 cent( A drug dealer transitioning into a legitimate lifestyle but has to deal with all the people around him pulling him in different directions. Ghost has to figure everything out on his own and the livelihoods of everyone around him depends on his success. Ghost realizes that his closest friends(g unit) and baby momma don't understand his vision and what he wants his life to be and begins making plans to have a life without them)

Stern= Jimmy Iovine(Ghost(50) is trying to go legit by owning a club which in real life matches with 50's transition from the streets to making music. 50 looks to start a new life through music but finds out this game is just as dirty and the ownership of his music is signed away to Jimmy iovine in some kind of scheme the same way Stern does ghost. Jimmy iovine tells 50 you can't get off your contract/get your masters until you earn a certain amount of profit but interscope is cooking the books, keeping 50 from getting all the money he deserves and the freedom to leave the label. Not to long ago 50 kept saying his album was taking a long time to be released because it was his final album on interscope and he was auditing them to make sure that all the numbers and paperwork was right. 50 finds out through the audit he is owed over 20 million dollars, just like Ghost finds out that kanto has been cooking the books for Stern.

Sean= 50's son marquise(The weak, disloyal son who didn't become the man 50 wanted him to be but became the man his mom wanted him to be, hence kanaan telling ghost that sean wasn't his son.

Tasha= 50's 1st baby momma(a bitter, jealous gold digger with no job, who is sleeping with a man in a much lower financial station than 50(ghots0

Tommy= Tony yayo (loyal to ghost(50) to the point he can be easily manipulated, not a deep thinker or planner, turns on ghost(50) when he finds out he's been getting manipulated/outsmarted for years

Dre= kidd kidd- the new guy who left a rival dealer(birdman) but has proven his loyalty to the point that Ghost(50) uses him for back up when he can't trust his closest compadre Tommy (tony yayo) anymore.

Kanaan=loosely based on Supreme(Kenneth Mcgriff) a old gangster who will do anything to retain his spot including killing family. He used to run the block and taught ghost(50) everything he knew until Ghost dropped the dime on him to take his spot. interestingly enough 50 is accused of snitching on preme and getting him locked up, and with him out the way 50 finally achieved the success he wanted his whole life.

could be all wrong, but its what i drew from watching the show. 50 is heavily involved in the writing process and im sure the people who really know him are watching that show like its a biopic.
yall thinking too much.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
50 fans in here being salty kill me. Acting like it's something personal against 50 the person for why people wanted Kanan dead. People been saying they want Holly or Angela or D Wade or Greg to die and it's connected to the character of the show. As soon as someone mentions Kanan having to die for killing his own son or for going after Ghost, now it's something personal against 50.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
But I think ghost is gonna reveal to him and the audience that he DID NOT set him up, he has never admitted to doing it, it has anly been alluded to.
The part you quoted had nothing to do with Kanan so idk?

But about Ghost setting up Kanan, he did admit it, in the scene you quoted. This is literally what comes out of ghost's mouth during the scene. S2, Ep4 47m~.

Ghost: I think Kanan KNOWS we sent him to jail, you and me T.He's coming after us. Started with the hits, I can't see his next move. I gotta come home to protect you and the kids.

Tasha: You'd use Kanan to trick me into letting you back in. (paraphrased her line)

Part about Ghost and Tommy's conversation
He didn't want Tommy to know the truth that him and Tasha set up Kanan. Which is why he told him K just needed someone to blame.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People hate 50 so much they mad he didn't die.. He gonna be out for revenge on Tommy, Dre, Ghost, etc... Will most likely end up in jail again.