Official STARZ Power Season 2 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Wire season 1 was weak up until like the last 3 episodes

Season 2 sucks complete dikk(but is vital to the story), which is why people always ask can they skip it when watching :russ:

From a writing and character standpoint alone it's not even close though. Season one of the wire was consistently dope and filled with constant allusions and homages and foreshadowing and written with levels in mind. It was an allegory for government and the war in Iraq etc. had deep characters and operated in that gray spot where not everyone is good or bad. Power isn't trying to operate on that epic novel like level that the wire was and that's cool because not every show has to but there's no way I can understand that thinking that power is better at this point.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
From a writing and character standpoint alone it's not even close though. Season one of the wire was consistently dope and filled with constant allusions and homages and foreshadowing and written with levels in mind. It was an allegory for government and the war in Iraq etc. had deep characters and operated in that gray spot where not everyone is good or bad. Power isn't trying to operate on that epic novel like level that the wire was and that's cool because not every show has to but there's no way I can understand that thinking that power is better at this point.
Yeah that sound good & all that. Don't change the fact that Power is the better TV show through 2 seasons so far :russ:

The Wire didn't find it's stride until season 3 IMO

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah that sound good & all that. Don't change the fact that Power is the better TV show through 2 seasons so far :russ:

The Wire didn't find it's stride until season 3 IMO

Disagree entirely. Season one of the wire is dope throughout. Nothing in power has seen that first season yet. At all. The shows aren't even comparable in terms of quality right now

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plot continuation. No damn way a fender bender is going to make you have to go to the cops unless they have reason to believe you're intoxicated and even then they'll give you a breathalyzer right there.
Ghost poured what? No more than a couple fingers of brown for him and Kantos and I don't even think he drank it all, but the cops brought him in because of a fender bender :dwillhuh:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
the-wire-avon-and-string-o.gif

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
God i'm so fukkin in love with tasha right now.....more gangsta than ghost in this ep...."you gonna keep fukkin her till I tell you to stop!".....:whew:.....and those t*ts...those beautiful beautiful t*ts....:noah:

i'm tellin yall....tommy gonna kill holly.....i doubt ghost will let tommy take angie out anytime soon....angie gon end up joinin ghost or gettin preg....

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
THIS!!!! When Holly was looking through the closet and all those packs were there....that shyt made no sense. And someone help me understand how Ghost refused a breathalyzer and didn't get charged w/ DUI.
when you are pulled over, you get the option of saying how you'd like to be tested... that's why if you listen closely, they ASK you to take it... "put your lips on this PLEASE" same way they ask you "would you mind if i searched it"

now in a DUI... you can request to take the field test instead OR blood test... which usually requires them to take you in somewhere and test you

and just like ghost said, he asked for a blood test to give him time to sober up, cause he wasn't really drunk... he might habe been at .08 or .09... but a 30 min ride could be .07 and you off scott free

if you know you been drinking but not too much ALWAYS ask for blood..... if you know it's too much go for field... at least you have a shot

breath will always be the highest cause its right there and immediate and has numbers attached

blood is most accurate but also buys you time

field isn't accurate at all so hopefully you're a good drunk... but at least they don't have a number to put to your name.... well until you fail it... then they get the breath just to have a number

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So it's confirmed, Tommy won't go down for no puss. Now, Ghost...
if you think about it... ghost been the most p*ssy whipped dude from jump

nikka jeopardized his wife, his home, his kids, his business, his freedom, his best friend and his life to keep knowingly fukking a federal agent, instead of getting out of the fukking country

meanwhile tommy never snitched, was ready to murk that bytch angela in two seconds after finding out she was fbi, was willing to murk the love of his life two seconds after finding out she was THINKING about snitching, still held down tasha to comfort her and smoke blunts and tell her ghost was keeping it 100, meanwhile trying to cock block ghost into not fukking up his marriage, and buying tasha diamonds to replace his girls fukk up, just to keep them all together and happy

even holly went toe to toe with the motherfukking fbi... 3 prosecutors and a 3 year bid in her face... didn't tell a fukking word... even got a plan to get her man free... wouldn't leave when facing death... and still came clean to tommy and told him everything, to let him choose... and when he chose ghost... STILL didn't snitch, just bounced from the scene

and nikkas be shytting on tommy and his girl... nah give me those two in my corner and i'd never have to worry about my back.. ghost might sell you out over..... well... he killed a kid he raised up from the street, because of 1 nikka's advice... the same nikka he sent to jail, is the same nikka he trusts that much to kill decade long friends

ghost a dummy man

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The first 2 seasons of Power are better than the first 2 seasons of The Wire

I like Power and all, but The Wire is probably one of the greatest shows ever produced. Each season of the Wire poignantly covers the systemic failure of American Society and quite honestly society as a whole whereas Power focuses on a small story of Ghost, Tommy, the FBI, and other Crime Lords of New York City.

Power = Red Lobster
The Wire = McCormick & Schmick's

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Sorry if this is obvious but i was smoking bud and watching Power when I realized i recognize that club owner "Stern".....he was dude who built Titanic in tha movie!!!

thomas-andrews-and-titanic-gallery.jpg

:dead: i kept trying to figure out where i recognized him from without looking him up.

The ending of this episode though :whew: Eminem a loyal cat.