Official Star Trek: Picard thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Great that they got Kirk Thatcher back for an appearance but it all seemed a bit shoehorned in and a bit cringey as well I thought.

Still a brilliant Easter egg though so can’t hate on it too much. Just don’t think about it too much.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Only Whoopi can play Guinan

If we were to pick this storyline apart, Picard visited guinan back on tng in the 1800s. She should know who he is.
That’s been explained as the divergence in the timeline effectively not setting in motion the ability for Time’s Arrow to happen but at the same time they’ve explained Kirk Thatcher’s punk having a feel at his neck when Seven threatens him as being a twinge of knowledge of the incident with Spock in San Fransisco.

If a punk on a bus can sense something why can’t a time sensitive El-Aurian sense a displacement with Picard.

It’s all falling apart at the seams to be honest. Quite disappointed. There was absolutely no need to recast Whoopi. She could easily still have been her with the explanation that she looks older to ‘fit in’ like she was doing in 2401.

I had really high hopes for this and really tried my hardest to be positive but I’m struggling. it’s such a shame. Lower Decks & Prodigy have been excellent, DSC is just a fukking disgrace as far as I’m concerned with SMG being the biggest problem and actively stopping me watching the show amongst 50 other reasons.

I hope they can pull this back but I doubt it. There’s too much focus on trying to make Trek ‘relevant’ for the modern age but what the writers and showruiners in charge forget is that Trek was way ahead of it’s time and far more progressive than anything in tv at that time and decades after.

It really saddens me. The social commentary is so heavy handed that I feel like they’ve personally called round to my house, smacked me in the face with a trickster and told me I am a horrible human being.

Compare it to throwaway lines of dialogue in DS9/VOY when they visited the timeline and insulting the way they think fans will think.

Ughh I have to stop because I could rant for pages.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s been explained as the divergence in the timeline effectively not setting in motion the ability for Time’s Arrow to happen but at the same time they’ve explained Kirk Thatcher’s punk having a feel at his neck when Seven threatens him as being a twinge of knowledge of the incident with Spock in San Fransisco.

If a punk on a bus can sense something why can’t a time sensitive El-Aurian sense a displacement with Picard.

It’s all falling apart at the seams to be honest. Quite disappointed. There was absolutely no need to recast Whoopi. She could easily still have been her with the explanation that she looks older to ‘fit in’ like she was doing in 2401.

I had really high hopes for this and really tried my hardest to be positive but I’m struggling. it’s such a shame. Lower Decks & Prodigy have been excellent, DSC is just a ticking disgrace as far as I’m concerned with SMG being the biggest problem and actively stopping me watching the show amongst 50 other reasons.

I hope they can pull this back but I doubt it. There’s too much focus on trying to make Trek ‘relevant’ for the modern age but what the writers and showruiners in charge forget is that Trek was way ahead of it’s time and far more progressive than anything in tv at that time and decades after.

It really saddens me. The social commentary is so heavy handed that I feel like they’ve personally called round to my house, smacked me in the face with a trickster and told me I am a horrible human being.

Compare it to throwaway lines of dialogue in DS9/VOY when they visited the timeline and insulting the way they think fans will think.

Ughh I have to stop because I could rant for pages.

Yeah I read the explanation out there of why she didn’t know who he was, but didn’t really care for it. All of sudden, he says his name, and she’s ready to help him. It’s just corny, In fact, it would have been better if she did remember him.

This version of Guinan just seemed very, whats the word, uncouth. Just not feeling the direction of the character regardless of justifications out there as to why she acted the way she did.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Yeah I read the explanation out there of why she didn’t know who he was, but didn’t really care for it. All of sudden, he says his name, and she’s ready to help him. It’s just corny, In fact, it would have been better if she did remember him.

This version of Guinan just seemed very, whats the word, uncouth. Just not feeling the direction of the character regardless of justifications out there as to why she acted the way she did.

Her characterisation suffered from being written in modern dialogue. Something which has plagued modern Trek. Can understand that she may adopt dialogue to ‘fit in’ as such but she was so generically written. Such a shame.

And the whole point is that Guinan can sense a disturbance in time but yet just throws up like some pissed up alcoholic and doesn’t know what’s going on instead…

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
prodigy really poppin? it's not just a kids show? i've put it off cause i thought it was some nick jr shyt w/ janeway...might needto look into it

only thing i liked about this new ep was the 7/Raffi shyt...7 driving like the fast and furious :mjlit:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Why would it have to be anything but a regular old memory?
That incident happened in 1984, this is 2024 in the same timeline, isn't it?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The new Guinan personality is a complete 180 from the Whoopi Guinan :dwillhuh:

The Whoopi Guinan is laid back and chill, the new one is fiery and angry.

Q tried to troll that PAWG and his powers didn't work, Uh oh...

BTW the Borg Queen actress is killing that role :banderas: Loving the scenes between the Borg Queen and Jurati.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The new Guinan personality is a complete 180 from the Whoopi Guinan :dwillhuh:

The Whoopi Guinan is laid back and chill, the new one is fiery and angry.

Q tried to troll that PAWG and his powers didn't work, Uh oh...

BTW the Borg Queen actress is killing that role :banderas: Loving the scenes between the Borg Queen and Jurati.

its funny how the borg queen is becoming more human :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Think it's supposed to be a totally separate character that just happens to look exactly like them.

Or possibly a descendant

I mean I guess but I'm like soong created data so when was he a genetisist?!:patrice: soong dealt with robotics right???

Also jurati was kinda cute dolled up if she straighten her hair out some make up on slim down a little bit she'd be fukkable.:mjgrin:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I mean I guess but I'm like soong created data so when was he a genetisist?!:patrice: soong dealt with robotics right???

Also jurati was kinda cute dolled up if she straighten her hair out some make up on slim down a little bit she'd be fukkable.:mjgrin:

I shouldn't but ...

587z85kvff9y.jpg