Official Star Trek: Picard thread

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
When Seven said "We are Borg :demonic:" in the Borg voice was :banderas:

I was hoping the drones would go HAM assimilating Romulans but they got sucked into space :francis: Looks like the ex B's got to that Romulan villain lady. I noticed we have to yet to see what an current day drone looks like.

Rios and all his holograms :heh: nice to see they found a way to put some humor in this series.

Writers trolled the fans with that Deep space 12 bit, as soon as Rios said "Deep Space :gladbron: ... 12 :martin:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really?

I cant wait to see what the other androids look like. Also I hope Picard gets star fleet back on track after this.
Im not in love with this show at all tbh some episodes I like but it really doesn't do it for me ducks an attack lol.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
When Picard mentioned the night watch, all I could think of was:

Anyway, I liked the idea of Seven as the Queen of the anti-hero Borg, I wish they actually let that last for more than 30 seconds so we root for the Borg going on a rampage for a little while.
The idea of Synths rising up in some kind of "singularity" revolution once ever 300,000 years slightly reminded me of the concept of the Reapers from Mass Effect. Something about the idea of engineering on a solar-system level device as a form of "test" for future generations thousands of years in the future.

If this cycle is repeating over and over like this, what are the Q doing all this time? I'm not the biggest TNG expert...did Q ever show any kind of interest in the technology behind Data? If Synths are the galaxy's greatest threat, and if Data is one baby step below the Singularity/Destroyer, you would think Q might hint at it. He's been around long enough to have seen it.

I suspect that the story behind "The Admonition" isn't exactly what the Romulans think. If could be faked, or from the future instead of the past.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
What's this American Horror Story Witches shyt doing in Star Trek :comeon:

When Rios pauses and says Deep Space...12 was hoping he'd say 9

telling :picard: to shut the fukk...again:francis:

all these fukking holograms with random accents is fukking annoying

:ehh: Pretty interesting to see that even after all these years, Seven still battling individuality and the temptation of the collective...and :mjlit: when she links back up like the queen

So Maddox made a shyt load that look like Sonji...that's a little creepy

But honestly, this whole arc is kinda boring...them romulan bad guys fukknig suck overall.

How a half Vulcan not named spock get into star fleet without being known
:jbhmm:

bad writing :manny:

It is now starting to get good it took it time though

with only 2 eps left :hhh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Writers trolled the fans with that Deep space 12 bit, as soon as Rios said "Deep Space :gladbron: ... 12 :martin:
There was another one of these when Picard sits in the Navigator's chair at the end, and the Star Trek Motion Picture/TNG Theme Music starts to play. Then he's like:
Uh.....:picard: I don't know how to work this

How a half Vulcan not named spock get into star fleet without being known
:jbhmm:

Maybe I musunderstood, but I thought she was half Vulcan/half Romulan passing as a full Vulcan.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was another one of these when Picard sits in the Navigator's chair at the end, and the Star Trek Motion Picture/TNG Theme Music starts to play. Then he's like:
Uh.....:picard: I don't know how to work this

Maybe I musunderstood, but I thought she was half Vulcan/half Romulan passing as a full Vulcan.

She is but I wonder how she got into star fleet without a background check. And how would they not know if she got an medical exam?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
She is but I wonder how she got into star fleet without a background check. And how would they not know if she got an medical exam?

Google says they're not that different:
How are Vulcans and Romulans different from each other?

Whilst her history was never fleshed out canonically, Saavik was described to be half vulcan, half romulan, confirming that inter-breeding is possible.

According to the novels and comics, Saavik was born on Hellguard, an abandoned Romulan colony. She is half Vulcan and half Romulan. (A line of dialogue that would have revealed this in The Wrath of Khan was edited out prior to the film's release and never restored; as a result, the canonicity of this piece of information has been debated for more than two decades. It does, however, explain her somewhat emotional behavior in that film, though she adopted a more proper Vulcan demeanor in later appearances.)

I guess it depends on the what one particular set of show writers wants to have as a plot point.