Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just off top..

Movie 3 - Daredevil proves him innocent, Pair up against Fisk who is out and running shyt again, have Fisk be the one who bankrolls scorpions transformation instead of J.J

Movie 4 - Peter Starts college, introduces Harry & Norman along with Doc Ok as a teacher/scientist, Electro as main villain

Movie 5 - Green goblin as villain, still planting seeds for Doc Ok along with Miles who was never snapped so is a bit older and in high school, gets bitten by his spider

Movie 6 - Sinister 6 led by Doc Ok with Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio, Green Goblin & Electro, Peter helped by Miles

Dear god,I hope we won't have to deal with 6 of these Spiderman films.Plus 6 movies with no Venom?
fk9D07.gif

They should be trying to get him up outta here for Miles by movie 4 or 5.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How stans still trying cop pleas for the ASM films. They literally caused the creators to tap out and bow down to marvel. Them shyts were trash. The only positive thing about them are the visuals; they're the best looking live action Spiderman movies to date. And the worst Peter Parker portrayal of all time.

Completely disagree on Garfield. Best Pete IMO.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t understand this line of thinking. It’s clear the “solo” movie is dying out at mcu.

Can Strange not carry his movie since Wanda Agatha and Loki are in it?

Can Thor not carry his movie since guardians are in it??

Can captain marvel not carry her movie since Photon and Ms Marvel are in it?

There’s gonna be way more team ups going forward. It has nothing to do with “spidey not being able to hold his own”

I almost let you slide with this,then I realized "Hold up,no,none of those characters can hold their own movie actually:dahell:". But Spiderman should be able to and that's the point he is making.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Strange fukking time and space up to cure some teenage shyt up seems stupid and borderline 90's Disney movie shyt, but other than that this movie seem like it's going to be fire.

yeah, I'm hoping there's a twist with that because it's dumb as shyt if we being honest.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Strange carried his own movie.
Thor carried his first two movies.
Captain America carried TFA.

I can go on and on.

20210601-184126.jpg
All of the movies you mentioned had Infinity Stones in them. :mjlol:

The 1st Thor movie had the Infinity Gauntlet in it too.

So nah, I wouldn't say the character alone carried the movie. They were essential viewing if you wanted to follow what was going on.

Damn near every post-phase 1 movie has been team ups of some sort.

Fred.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Completely disagree on Garfield. Best Pete IMO.

Best Peter Parker and Spiderman. If you like emo Toby and Leave It To Beaver as Spiderman over Garfield I can't take you seriously:mjlol:

The main gripe against Garfield I see is that "He's too cool to be Peter:damn:". Maybe he's the white people version of what cool is,but I didn't see anything that would scream he would be popular in every school in America. Plus I think the main point was that he CHOSE to be a loner. Meanwhile Hollands Peter is hooking up with the most popular girl in school whos an upper classman,attracts cute black girls effortlessly,goes to parties,leads a regular social life and isn't bullied. And not a single person is saying "he's too cool". This tells you all you need to know about these peoples biases. They didn't hate Garfield,because they couldn't,they hated Sony:martin:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I called the Team-Up movies like 10 years ago, and no one agreed they would go in that direction. It was the next logical step I thought, since they didn't have many characters that could stand on their own. However, Spider-Man is not one of the characters that needs Team-Up movies. I do understand it though, since everything else has pretty much been done in previous movies.

Strange definitely cannot carry his movie. His sequel would've have the go years ago if they believed that. Captain Marvel wasn't as beloved, so yes they are going to bring in more. Thor got his 2 movies, Hulk got 1, then they teamed up for Planet Ragnarok. Hell, Cap only had 1 true solo movie, with one being a full Avengers movie.

Sometimes, it's overkill. In the comics, most characters have their own things going on, to where whenever there is a crossover, it's a major thing. Even though Spider-Man regularly encounters other characters (Marvel Team-Up), he mainly had his own stories outside of that. The Quesada era of Marvel was just ridiculous.
Dr. Strange can absolutely carry his own film :mjtf:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

What year do you all think it is?

1st Ironman movie did $585 million.

2nd did $623 million

3rd did $1.2 billion.

Now, the quality of the movies is another topic entirely but Ironman movies are doing more than X-Men and Wolverine movies. More than Justice League. More than Batman, or Superman.

In what world is Ironman not flag ship, since 2008?

Fred.

the funniest thing about those posts, aside from denying the clear impact the MCU movies have had on characters’ popularity, is that breh called Thor a “flagship character” :laff: Thor was never an a-lister pre-MCU. Yes, he’s up there in terms of strength and power, but how you use dated notions to shyt on Ironman and then act like Thor was a flagship character? :dahell: