Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I wasn't really feeling the trailer. A modified One More day, complete with Strange in the Mephisto role wasn't the way to go. And all of this emphasis on multiverse ish is dumb. This ain't DC, and Marvel doesn't even use their "multiverse" in that way.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope they gave Raimi at least a little input on what was going on with this film. It'd be common courtesy.
I’m sure I read somewhere that they did, they woulda had to anywhere because of his involvement with DS2, the ideas/plots for these two movies along with Wandavision have all had to be consulted between each other

something that should of happened with the latest SW trilogy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. We’re damn near 15 years deep of continuity at this point. The fact we’re getting so many crossovers makes it feel even more comic book like. Ppl really be complaining just to complain.

Facts.

And it's not as if some of them cameos back in the day made sense. And nobody gave a fukk.
Random heroes popping up at the X-Mansion to do laundry and shyt.
IyshV2S.png

Comic book readers:
lq2GkhC.png

Fred.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I wasn't really feeling the trailer. A modified One More day, complete with Strange in the Mephisto role wasn't the way to go. And all of this emphasis on multiverse ish is dumb. This ain't DC, and Marvel doesn't even use their "multiverse" in that way.

:rudy:

So a 4-5 year build up to Secret Wars is dumb??? Phase 4 IS THE MULTIVERSE We knew this for 2 years now. If that upsets u come back in 5 years when the timeline is straight again :aicmon:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is it just me or does Doc Ock look basically the same as he looked in the OG Spiderman 2?

Was expecting him to look older since it's been almost 20 years, but he looks pretty much the same.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don’t understand this line of thinking. It’s clear the “solo” movie is dying out at mcu.

Can Strange not carry his movie since Wanda Agatha and Loki are in it?

Can Thor not carry his movie since guardians are in it??

Can captain marvel not carry her movie since Photon and Ms Marvel are in it?

There’s gonna be way more team ups going forward. It has nothing to do with “spidey not being able to hold his own”

Strange carried his own movie.
Thor carried his first two movies.
Captain America carried TFA.

I can go on and on.

20210601-184126.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Is it just me or does Doc Ock look basically the same as he looked in the OG Spiderman 2?

Was expecting him to look older since it's been almost 20 years, but he looks pretty much the same.

Well he died in his movie. So only way this works is if he's taken from his timeline before his death. Not like he just been living it up for 20 years and then came over here.

But besides that he still looks a bit older to me anyway. But yea im sure they are using some de-aging tech here.

Strange carried his own movie.
Thor carried his first two movies.
Captain America carried TFA.

I can go on and on.

20210601-184126.jpg

You are proving my point lmao. I agree they carried their previous movies which is why i was asking can they not still carry their franchises going forward even though we know other characters are joining the movies now.

And Holland carried Far from home anyway.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

Respectfully, GTFO good sir :unimpressed:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That really lowered my expectations for this movie. shyt seemed so stupid, gotta be some deeper explanation
It made my expectations lower a bit just because it seems like such a dumb way to get to the point they wanted to get to.
Strange is a damn 50 year old serious person and in like 2-3 scenes in a trailer they made him come off like a bozo.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don’t understand this line of thinking. It’s clear the “solo” movie is dying out at mcu.

Can Strange not carry his movie since Wanda Agatha and Loki are in it?

Can Thor not carry his movie since guardians are in it??

Can captain marvel not carry her movie since Photon and Ms Marvel are in it?

There’s gonna be way more team ups going forward. It has nothing to do with “spidey not being able to hold his own”

I called the Team-Up movies like 10 years ago, and no one agreed they would go in that direction. It was the next logical step I thought, since they didn't have many characters that could stand on their own. However, Spider-Man is not one of the characters that needs Team-Up movies. I do understand it though, since everything else has pretty much been done in previous movies.

Strange definitely cannot carry his movie. His sequel would've have the go years ago if they believed that. Captain Marvel wasn't as beloved, so yes they are going to bring in more. Thor got his 2 movies, Hulk got 1, then they teamed up for Planet Ragnarok. Hell, Cap only had 1 true solo movie, with one being a full Avengers movie.

Sometimes, it's overkill. In the comics, most characters have their own things going on, to where whenever there is a crossover, it's a major thing. Even though Spider-Man regularly encounters other characters (Marvel Team-Up), he mainly had his own stories outside of that. The Quesada era of Marvel was just ridiculous.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It made my expectations lower a bit just because it seems like such a dumb way to get to the point they wanted to get to.
Strange is a damn 50 year old serious person and in like 2-3 scenes in a trailer they made him come off like a bozo.

Strange motives are def concerning. That was the biggest shock of the entire trailer to me. After what they just went through with Thanos u would think Strange would be a bit more cautious then to do something like this. Especially with Wong warning him of the consequences. So yea i agree there's something deeper going on here. They not about to just make Strange this complete bozo lol.