Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

hjnm

All Star
Daps
:ehh:

better director. better spidey actor.

i am not sure that Holland is going to make it into spidey 4.

i wouldn't be surprised if they bring back peter 2 or peter 3 or add in miles/black cat to take some of the load.

holland hasn't grown up and isn't a good dramatic actor. he was good as the innocent kid but his acting chops cannot take him far beyond that.

I like Holland but Raimi's movies were better.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don't know it seem like a nostalgia/fanservice movie to me rather then trying new ideas. like star wars was :manny:

I see people use the term “fan service” a lot on things and use it as a weapon to shyt on something or be a negative. But why does fan service have to be a bad thing?

In this case, I really don’t think it was too much fan service or bad….. as everything for the most part worked out and played a role.

Also I know some concessions and changes was made based off timing and needs….. Ala Dr. Strange stepping into a role that was meant for another character that’s not going to debut in his movie.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
fan service in itself isn't inherently bad.

but if it's like say...Rise of Skywalker...thinking that brining back the dead ass emperor was a good idea...or for whatever retard reason Rey channels all the jedi....them shyts are terrible fan service

or Maul's cameo in Solo, knowing Disney ain't gonna do shyt with that

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I loved the movie breh.. its not a bad thing I said they did a better job at it than star wars.. i just prefer the first 2...but lets say you never saw the og movies wit garfield and tobey... is this still as good a movie? :lupe:

Oh it’s all good…. I just notice that when a lot of times someone uses the word “fan service” it normally has a bad connotation to it

Also….. I just love the scale of the movie having so many characters in it and doing a team up multiple characters thing. I like ensemble type movies so this movie just vibed well with me.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
first 3rd of the movie draggggged. Give it a 3/5

shyt kicked into high gear during the next third. From the time the villains got there up until it all went to shyt. Honestly it felt a lot- a LOT like PS4 Spiderman when the villains escaped. The city just didn't become an outlaw state. 5/5

last act, felt like I was watching a spiderman version of Doctor Who, with Garfield as 9th, Holland as 11th and Tobey as 12th. Complete with "magical box:, but no time travel. So yeah. I give the last act a 7 out of 5 cause of Whovian bias. (somehow it seems like me and my girl are the only folks alive to make this connection though)

I guess that averages out to 4.5/5.

I'm actually missing 3 spiderman movies (tobey's last, garfield's movies) and I don't see how anybody could be a fan and hate this.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
All this could have been avoided if strange and Parker had just sat down beforehand with a notepad and jotted down the names of the people he didn't want the spell to affect in the first place :francis:

Big part of the failure, IMO, was Strange being arrogant.