Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:ehh:

better director. better spidey actor.

i am not sure that Holland is going to make it into spidey 4.

i wouldn't be surprised if they bring back peter 2 or peter 3 or add in miles/black cat to take some of the load.

holland hasn't grown up and isn't a good dramatic actor. he was good as the innocent kid but his acting chops cannot take him far beyond that.
giphy.gif

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
first 3rd of the movie draggggged. Give it a 3/5

shyt kicked into high gear during the next third. From the time the villains got there up until it all went to shyt. Honestly it felt a lot- a LOT like PS4 Spiderman when the villains escaped. The city just didn't become an outlaw state. 5/5

last act, felt like I was watching a spiderman version of Doctor Who, with Garfield as 9th, Holland as 11th and Tobey as 12th. Complete with "magical box:, but no time travel. So yeah. I give the last act a 7 out of 5 cause of Whovian bias. (somehow it seems like me and my girl are the only folks alive to make this connection though)

I guess that averages out to 4.5/5.

I'm actually missing 3 spiderman movies (tobey's last, garfield's movies) and I don't see how anybody could be a fan and hate this.
Almost identical review. Repped.:ehh:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If they do bring norman into the next trilogy I hope they go the route like in ultimate spiderman and make him an actual goblin monster

That would be wack as shyt in live action IMO.

That version was already in Spiderverse, I say save the ultimate villans for Miles. We already had a big crappy reptile looking CGI monster in the Lizard and he was one of the most distracting parts of a movie that would have been a clusterfukk without him.

Truth be told...Morbius could have made a great villan for the trilogy if Sony hadn't fukked him up. He hadn't been on screen yet, could have played as connective tissue between Spider-man and Blade and continued the theme of Peter doing all he can to cure the bad guy.

MCU Norman doesn't even have to become the goblin honestly. For one, Peter knows off the rip anybody he meets in his world named Norman Osbourn is somebody to keep an eye on. A predictable re-tread of what happened in the Rami films would be cheap. The best way to go about bringing Norman in is to have Peter in this moral dilema of making a judgement about someone who could potentially be a murderous villan only for him to end up being a well loved businessman in the tech industry and politics.

Giving him a serum and letting him run around as a big dragon looking thing for an hour is less interesting and has wayyyyyy less reach than a cool, compotent Norman Osborn doing what Mysterio was trying to do in FFH...step into Iron Mans shoes by perverting Stark tech and help form the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. People need to think he's a hero, the only person that knows what possibly lurks behind his public image is Peter. Once he fails and his motives get exposed, when the suit and the money aren't enough and the REAL Avengers re-assemble, he'll start looking for a serum to gain an edge.

:wow:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
That would be wack as shyt in live action IMO.

That version was already in Spiderverse, I say save the ultimate villans for Miles. We already had a big crappy reptile looking CGI monster in the Lizard and he was one of the most distracting parts of a movie that would have been a clusterfukk without him.

Truth be told...Morbius could have made a great villan for the trilogy if Sony hadn't fukked him up. He hadn't been on screen yet, could have played as connective tissue between Spider-man and Blade and continued the theme of Peter doing all he can to cure the bad guy.

MCU Norman doesn't even have to become the goblin honestly. For one, Peter knows off the rip anybody he meets in his world named Norman Osbourn is somebody to keep an eye on. A predictable re-tread of what happened in the Rami films would be cheap. The best way to go about bringing Norman in is to have Peter in this moral dilema of making a judgement about someone who could potentially be a murderous villan only for him to end up being a well loved businessman in the tech industry and politics.

Giving him a serum and letting him run around as a big dragon looking thing for an hour is less interesting and has wayyyyyy less reach than a cool, compotent Norman Osborn doing what Mysterio was trying to do in FFH...step into Iron Mans shoes by perverting Stark tech and help form the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. People need to think he's a hero, the only person that knows what possibly lurks behind his public image is Peter. Once he fails and his motives get exposed, when the suit and the money aren't enough and the REAL Avengers re-assemble, he'll start looking for a serum to gain an edge.

:wow:
I like this
like a twisted superman and lex dynamic

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:ehh:

better director. better spidey actor.

i am not sure that Holland is going to make it into spidey 4.

i wouldn't be surprised if they bring back peter 2 or peter 3 or add in miles/black cat to take some of the load.

holland hasn't grown up and isn't a good dramatic actor. he was good as the innocent kid but his acting chops cannot take him far beyond that.

:mjlol:

yeah a movie that made almost 2 billion is going to switch from their lead actor

andrew garfield is 38
tobey mcguire is 46 with back problems

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
It’s wild that I’ve only gone and seen this once since it dropped in theaters.

Went with my kid and his mom to see Dog a couple weeks back. Looked inside a couple other theaters that had doors open…I looked into the Spider-Man auditorium and it had Hella people in there :gucci:

Like, two months later and about to stream

Daps
I see people use the term “fan service” a lot on things and use it as a weapon to shyt on something or be a negative. But why does fan service have to be a bad thing?

In this case, I really don’t think it was too much fan service or bad….. as everything for the most part worked out and played a role.

Also I know some concessions and changes was made based off timing and needs….. Ala Dr. Strange stepping into a role that was meant for another character that’s not going to debut in his movie.

Who was the character that was canned?