Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Best part of the movie. Still don't understand why Tobey and Osborn had no interaction with one another. Anyone have any inside details on that? @MartyMcFly
No inside info but it wouldn’t make sense story wise. Everything has to serve the main Peter. So them having an interaction couldn’t be a one off like Peter and ock, who actually had a genuine relationship before ock’s experiment.

it’s the same reason why there’s no need for Harry in this movie. It’s another thread that takes away the main focus. Norman in this movie did something to this Peter he never accomplished with Tobey’s Peter. So that’s where the emotion of the story is.

Just my two cents

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
No inside info but it wouldn’t make sense story wise. Everything has to serve the main Peter. So them having an interaction couldn’t be a one off like Peter and ock, who actually had a genuine relationship before ock’s experiment.

it’s the same reason why there’s no need for Harry in this movie. It’s another thread that takes away the main focus. Norman in this movie did something to this Peter he never accomplished with Tobey’s Peter. So that’s where the emotion of the story is.

Just my two cents
I dont know if I buy that. :patrice:

Even Garfield got some acknowledgement from his opps.

Tobey’s first arch enemy both fought to the death and he killed his son. Should've been some sort of scene even if it was short af. I just thought it was extremely weird they just kind of ignored one another. Almost like they didn't know eachother would be in the movie together.

That omission wasn't a deal breaker but just was so weird. More I think about the movie the more I just don't like it lol

Aside from the good fight between goblin and Holland. That was dope of course.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dont know if I buy that. :patrice:

Even Garfield got some acknowledgement from his opps.

Tobey’s first arch enemy both fought to the death and he killed his son. Should've been some sort of scene even if it was short af. I just thought it was extremely weird they just kind of ignored one another. Almost like they didn't know eachother would be in the movie together.

That omission wasn't a deal breaker but just was so weird. More I think about the movie the more I just don't like it lol

Aside from the good fight between goblin and Holland. That was dope of course.
Different context. He got a brief “hey doc connors” and an actual convo with max. Those two didn’t affect Andrew the way Norman affected Tobey. That, for me, requires more than just a brief convo or even a brief hello. Those were brief moments that gave them an emotional closure. Tobey’s peter got his emotional closure with goblin through Harry. It was always less about Norman and more about what his death did to Peter’s best friend and their relationship. He achieved that in Spider-Man 3. Doing it again makes it redundant.

Like I said, everything needs to move toward one goal and that’s providing the main character closure. The minute Norman kills aunt may, that’s now Tom’s peters problem. That’s his emotional arc. Anyone else having a quick five or ten seconds with him cheapens that.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Different context. He got a brief “hey doc connors” and an actual convo with max. Those two didn’t affect Andrew the way Norman affected Tobey. That, for me, requires more than just a brief convo or even a brief hello. Those were brief moments that gave them an emotional closure. Tobey’s peter got his emotional closure with goblin through Harry. It was always less about Norman and more about what his death did to Peter’s best friend and their relationship. He achieved that in Spider-Man 3. Doing it again makes it redundant.

Like I said, everything needs to move toward one goal and that’s providing the main character closure. The minute Norman kills aunt may, that’s now Tom’s peters problem. That’s his emotional arc. Anyone else having a quick five or ten seconds with him cheapens that.
Nah, they opened the universe so they should deal with everything that's in it or at least in front of them. I am not saying that ruined the movie but I just felt it was so off there was no acknowledgement. Even Garfield was given a sort of redemption moment. Imo they missed on having a quick scene between the two, hell the movie is already 2.5 hours long lol That's all. :manny: and even tho I have bigger issues with the movie overall, that sticks out.

But I asked u though cuz u the spidey guru, and I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

This popped up on my YT front page and after ignoring it for several hours, my curiosity got the best of me, and I clicked and watched.

He actually liked it. :leon:

Neg and fukk ya mother cac

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Personally I've always preferred Doc Ock over Goblin, but I can admit Goblin causes more headaches for Spider-Man.

Goblin raises more hell, but Doc Ock stories were always more interesting to me
Doc Ock really leveled up for me during the Superior Spider-man run. :ohlawd:
Osborn is just more ruthless so he always gets the edge.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Holland was good for the first movies but he hasn't grown up / matured into a leadng man.

I thiink he is going to have problems carrying a film by himsef.
I like Tom Holland's Spidey but his youthful appearance is a bit of a hindrance.

He still looks like he's 16 lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So are they NEVER going to release in China?

How does this work?

:jbhmm:

China does whatever the hell they want, it's up to them if this gets released over there.

Having said that, as powerful as China is....this is proof pop culture can completely cut them out if need be.

Fred.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I like Tom Holland's Spidey but his youthful appearance is a bit of a hindrance.

He still looks like he's 16 lol.

That's gonna be a problem going forward.

And IMO Holland lacks Charisma. He let Garfield show him up on his own tune.

I think there is a chance that we get Garfield spidey again and that Holland gets replaced by someone else.

Could you see Holland and Black Cat (as in the comics) working out on screen? Outside of another high-jinks high-school film (which I think they have now moved beyond), I can't.