Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
With Sony hogging the Spider Man license, you should be happy that they even cracked a deal with MCU to begin with. And Sony used Spider Men from previous series to make this the highest grossing Spidey ever.
I want to respond to this intelligently but I have no idea what point you’re making :russ:

what are you saying

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Conz

Superstar
Daps
If I had one major pet peeve. It was the magic Ned thing. Him being able to generate to portals with absolutely no training irked me. Yeah I know he had difficulties closing them but he shouldn't have been able to generate them.so effortlessly to begin with
it was the same thing with Awkwafina being a crack shot with the bow after 5 minutes in Shang-Chi. at least here (and i say that lightly) they foreshadowed it with Ned saying his grandma told him he was magic. throwaway line, but we got nothing with "Katie" other than she was a good driver or something. kinda sloppy and hope it doesn't become a trend.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Notice you named things that happened but not great movies and shows. Wanda was good. Was it DD or punisher? Was it even season 1 Luke cage? What was the best phase 4 movie? Shang Chi?

Everything after avengers is phase 4. So out of 4 movies, 1 was ok, 2 was trash, 1 is spidey. Out of 4 shows, 1 was good, 1 mid (falcon), rest trash or cartoons.

Nah SO FAR they ain’t got the same feeling and y’all know damn well it don’t.

:mjtf:

I would put "Wandavision", "Loki", "What If....", and "No Way Home" up against anything from any previous Phases, so nah. I don't "know damn well".

I'm :dead: at "yeah, 'Wandavision' was good....but was it as good as the Netflix shows?"

Um....yes. Them Netflix shows were cool but they wasn't ever the highwater mark, gold standard for Marvel quality. C'mon now.

And I mentioned events that happened as opposed to the quality because quality is subjective. You mentioned "Infinity War" as if it didn't take 20+ movies to build to that. Of course if you compare Phase 3 to Phase 4 it's going to be heavily lop sided in favor of 3....3 is done and 4 is like 25% complete, maybe. Which was my point.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I know China only lets a set number of foreign films in a year, but I would have thought Spider-Man would be one of them.
i was being facetious, but i'm sure there's some dumb fukkin reason. don't wanna hate on cultural differences... but they have some dumb fukkin reasons for not showing movies... and other things for other threads.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
i was being facetious, but i'm sure there's some dumb fukkin reason. don't wanna hate on cultural differences... but they have some dumb fukkin reasons for not showing movies... and other things for other threads.
Oh I know the China has a weird thing about ghosts and spirits. Other movies have had to alter the Chinese version of their movies because if it.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjtf:

I would put "Wandavision", "Loki", "What If....", and "No Way Home" up against anything from any previous Phases, so nah. I don't "know damn well".

I'm :dead: at "yeah, 'Wandavision' was good....but was it as good as the Netflix shows?"

Um....yes. Them Netflix shows were cool but they wasn't ever the highwater mark, gold standard for Marvel quality. C'mon now.

And I mentioned events that happened as opposed to the quality because quality is subjective. You mentioned "Infinity War" as if it didn't take 20+ movies to build to that. Of course if you compare Phase 3 to Phase 4 it's going to be heavily lop sided in favor of 3....3 is done and 4 is like 25% complete, maybe. Which was my point.

Fred.
I agree with everything you said except the bolded, Daredevil was easily better than anything we’ve seen from Disney plus and is seen by a lot of marvel fans as some of the best Marvel content period

there’s a reason why a 1 minute scene confirming he’s returning was so hyped up

Last edited: