Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Can we be honest?

This movie was not close to the hype people give it.

Here is why

1. Villain redemption.
How you gonna make a whole damn movie based on redeeming villains to "save them" but spend whopping 2 sentences explaining how they are once they are saved? Doc Oc deserved MASSIVE screentime after he was cured so they can atleast make us give a shyt about this "mission."

2. Extremely boring exposition of the other spidermans. Like really boring. They show their very small differences, used absolutely bno unique methods to solve the problem, and showed up in the last 15 minutes.

It just was a terribly boring movie. You got nostalgia but that is it. If that is what it takes to call it the "no. 2 superhero film of all time" then they will continue to recycle this multiverse nonsense with no actual storyline.

I REPEAT, THIS MOVIE HAD NO MOTIVATION. IT HAD A PLOT BUT NO SAVE THE CAT MOMENT.

If the plot is to save the bad guys, they need to be HUMANIZED.
I've been saying the same thing to my friends, this film is just nostalgia.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Just seent it today it was iiiight not better than end game

Nothing stood out really …

then again marvel is always campy

i love my comic movies dark (dark night / sin city)

i was waiting for the 3 spideys to do the pointing meme…unless i missed it i ain’t see it woulda been golden..

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I loved this movie.

At first I was like: this movie is the graduation of Peter Parker.

But...

Its honestly the Skyfall of Hollands Spider Man.

Im glad that the creators realized that the infantilized, twee, non serious tone of

"but but how will i take MJ to the prom?!?!?! :damn:"

had run its course and the MCU moving forward

will feature a back to basics more traditional Spider Man with no Happy, no Stark or Stark Tech, No Aunt May, and no MJ or Ned which is a bold fukkin take that they didnt have to do

And also....

theres no way that the success of Spider Verse didnt inform the script and direction of the Home series. Kinda a shame that Spider Verse wont get the praise for helping set this up.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I loved this movie.

At first I was like: this movie is the graduation of Peter Parker.

But...

Its honestly the Skyfall of Hollands Spider Man.

And also....

theres no way that the success of Spider Verse didnt inform the script and direction of the Home series. Kinda a shame that Spider Verse wont get the praise for helping set this up.
Spider-Man: Homecoming came out in July 2017 which is a year and a half BEFORE Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (which came out in December 2018).

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Spider-Man: Homecoming came out in July 2017 which is a year and a half BEFORE Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (which came out in December 2018).

I know but i think they only had the primary story beat of "Peter is outed" as the Post-far from home status quo. The idea to
feature the previous Spider Men and their villains

wasnt brought forward until after the success of Spider Verse.

At the very least, at bare minimum, I imagine at some Sony writers retreat they agreed that "Spider man fukking around in alternative universes is awesome, lets write about it" and Spider Verse was the opening salvo in seeing if it would work or not.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight my spidey comic heads. What’s the chances they introduce fantastic four and Wolverine into Tom hollands last Spider-Man movie while introducing miles morales as the new takeover spidey for a future avengers movie with miles?? Am I bugging or it’s doable?

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Watched it today the best part of the movie was when Davedevil caught that brick. He needed more screen time.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This film had a lot that I didn’t like but despite those issues, the highs were so high that I still give this a 7.5/10. The chemistry between the Spidermen was elite and Willem Dafoe is just :wow:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
People are missing a key aspect to this film. Yes it's the end to the "Home" trilogy, but this is actually his origin story. People criticized him in previous films for just being baby Iron Man and having all of Tony's tech - yeah because he was just a kid and not fully spider-man yet.

This is the movie he truly becomes Spider-MAN, this is his origin, this is his starting point. There's a reason why we never get to see Holland's character get bit by the spider or anything like that, why we never see the traditional origin story, because this is his actual origin.

Aunt May dies and tells him the "Great Power comes Great Responsibility" quote like how Uncle Ben does in the other origins, and by the end of it all we've not only seen him grow from an immature kid into a selfless hero but furthermore we're in a world where no one knows he exists let alone that he's Spider-Man, he's broke living in an apartment by himself, he has none of Tony's tech anymore, and he had to sew a suit for himself. He's starting from ground 0 now like everyone else

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
This film had a lot that I didn’t like but despite those issues, the highs were so high that I still give this a 7.5/10. The chemistry between the Spidermen was elite and Willem Dafoe is just :wow:
Ive read people comparing this to End Game and I actually agree, but for what you said here...pretty ridiculous plot contrivances to set up the payoffs, but the payoffs are good enough to where you can overlook the stupid.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just seent it today it was iiiight not better than end game

Nothing stood out really …

then again marvel is always campy

i love my comic movies dark (dark night / sin city)

i was waiting for the 3 spideys to do the pointing meme…unless i missed it i ain’t see it woulda been golden..
Man, I felt the same way. They did it in the credits, but it woulda popped more during the film.