Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The first half of the Movie was a mess and there are plot holes that’ll eventually get picked apart
At first I thought it was because we all were waiting for the shoe to drop with the reveals and then I realized that the film really was meh until the reveals and ramped up from there.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Man I’m reading a lot of shyt on other boards can someone, who were more involved with the leaks, tell me if these are right?

read that there were more Matt Murdock scenes filmed but they were cut. Specifically showing him handling peters case.

Emma stone was supposed to be in it but couldn’t due to pregnancy

Kirsten was supposed to be in it but couldn’t due to Covid.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
But that’s Peter lol. Calling the plot bullshyt because he was in character making the normal mistakes he would make doesn’t make sense to me. He’s often his worst enemy because he can’t leave well enough alone. He makes it worse when trying to make it better. And pays the price.
That's what I hate about modern entertainment discourse. People act like characters aren't even allowed to make mistakes anymore. Any bad decision is an inconsistency, a contrivance or a plothole. People fukk up! We are often impulsive, short-sighted and reckless, which causes us to overcomplicate shyt for no reason. Hindsight is always 20/20

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
But that’s Peter lol. Calling the plot bullshyt because he was in character making the normal mistakes he would make doesn’t make sense to me. He’s often his worst enemy because he can’t leave well enough alone. He makes it worse when trying to make it better. And pays the price.
nah the plot is bullshyt because (this is in the trailer so it's not a spoiler) when Peter interrupts Strange the first time, they both should have stopped and just talked about what exactly he wanted. They did the spell like they were in some huge rush. And at the end of the day Strange should have been like "nah, just deal with this shyt...you literally fought aliens before...you'll be aight". We know some of yall have this weird love of spiderman but don't just blindly defend this weak ass plot.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nah the plot is bullshyt because (this is in the trailer so it's not a spoiler) when Peter interrupts Strange the first time, they both should have stopped and just talked about what exactly he wanted. They did the spell like they were in some huge rush. And at the end of the day Strange should have been like "nah, just deal with this shyt...you literally fought aliens before...you'll be aight". We know some of yall have this weird love of spiderman but don't just blindly defend this weak ass plot.
But by your logic no comic book story would ever happen. The inciting incident is often someone or someones making mistakes. Either out of hubris, sympathy, or doing their jobs.

Strange said once he starts he can’t stop. So there was no stop let’s talk about it and figure out what you want.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Man I’m reading a lot of shyt on other boards can someone, who were more involved with the leaks, tell me if these are right?

read that there were more Matt Murdock scenes filmed but they were cut. Specifically showing him handling peters case.

Emma stone was supposed to be in it but couldn’t due to pregnancy

Kirsten was supposed to be in it but couldn’t due to Covid.
I know a courtroom scene with Matt Murdock was heavily rumored within the past few months. But according to Holland himself, a lot of ideas were dropped and the movie changed a bunch of times.

Also, those Dunst/Stone rumors always felt like BS to me. I remember those surfacing shortly after Dafoe, Molina, and Foxx were casted and they were coming from non-reputable, clickbait sites like WGTC.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. Tobey and Tom match peoples idea of who Peter is. Andrew matches who peter actually is. Which is a big difference.

But Tobey played comics Peter great the way he was from inception up to around early 90s. That also would have been the Peter Tobey would have known growing up. Andrew is more of the modern interpretation of those characteristics...at least late 90s-on, which are ok, but I'm not really my era. They're both fine, just depends on which one resonates with you more.

I don't like Holland at all. The only thing I see is that he has the look of OG first appearance Peter Parker minus the glasses and clothing.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
But by your logic no comic book story would ever happen. The inciting incident is often someone or someones making mistakes. Either out of hubris, sympathy, or doing their jobs.

Strange said once he starts he can’t stop. So there was no stop let’s talk about it and figure out what you want.
You are wrong Villains will always have motivations, so you can still have comic book plots. This movie was about 2 people rushing through something for entirely no reason and they didn't even have to do "it". It's a weak ass plot.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You are wrong Villains will always have motivations, so you can still have comic book plots. This movie was about 2 people rushing through something for entirely no reason and they didn't even have to do "it". It's a weak ass plot.
I don’t think that’s a weak ass plot because it happens all the time. Whether it’s comics literature or just film in general. And if it’s in established character it’s fine for me. Strange had his reasons why he did what he did and he stated then to Peter. Obviously Peter is going to rush into it because, as strange says, he’s a kid and he often does that.

If you disagree with their reasonings that’s fine. But it’s within established character for both