Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

peppe

Superstar
Daps
4-EA32-FDC-25-E9-44-DE-826-E-BD64-C8-CCFB83.jpg

USA brehs taking the L again having to wait 2 days before they can see it :lolbron::mjlol:

DAY ONE:wow:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Watching the original now

i forgot how WELL MADE this movie is. Its really tight, crisp, bright without being shiny if that makes sense...all the characters are very true to themselves...the pacing is perfect and it is edited very well. First time I've watched it in 9/10 years. About to get to BONESAW :banderas:

EDIT: HEY its Octavia Spencer signing in Spiderman to the Bonesaw match! never knew she was in this.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching the original now

i forgot how WELL MADE this movie is. Its really tight, crisp, bright without being shiny if that makes sense...all the characters are very true to themselves...the pacing is perfect and it is edited very well. First time I've watched it in 9/10 years. About to get to BONESAW :banderas:

EDIT: HEY its Octavia Spencer signing in Spiderman to the Bonesaw match! never knew she was in this.

Not to start a fight or debate but the OGs will always be my favorite because they did some much very well. The CGI was incredible especially blending with the practical for the time. The storytelling was top notch and holds up to this day. They were personal stories for Peter Parker. Every character served a purpose. I was looking at the trailers the other day for all three and it dawned on me that pretty much all the characters had a story arc from 1-3, from Harry to Mary Jane to Aunt May and even Jameson. They all had stories and growth throughout the three films. All the villains had a personal connection to Peter one way or another, which made his triumphs have weight and allowed his character to really go through emotional arcs that had huge payoffs. These films will always be near and dear to my heart, not because they are just great Spider-man films, but because they are great films. Granted I am not a fan of Spider-man 3, but Spider-man 2 is heralded as one of the greatest comic book films and it deserves it. Despite Spider-Man 1’s criticisms nowadays most films only wish they could fill the shoes of what the movie was able to accomplish especially with the weight is carried on its shoulders to be good, let alone turn out to be a classic.

I hope Sam Raimi can bring the same magic to Dr. Strange 2. It’s his fundamental understanding of character and how storytelling mixed with a good script that can make all the difference.

Lastly, I can only hope that NWH learned what made the second half of FFH work and the combine that with the great elements from the Raimi trilogy.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Not to start a fight or debate but the OGs will always be my favorite because they did some much very well. The CGI was incredible especially blending with the practical for the time. The storytelling was top notch and holds up to this day. They were personal stories for Peter Parker. Every character served a purpose. I was looking at the trailers the other day for all three and it dawned on me that pretty much all the characters had a story arc from 1-3, from Harry to Mary Jane to Aunt May and even Jameson. They all had stories and growth throughout the three films. All the villains had a personal connection to Peter one way or another, which made his triumphs have weight and allowed his character to really go through emotional arcs that had huge payoffs. These films will always be near and dear to my heart, not because they are just great Spider-man films, but because they are great films. Granted I am not a fan of Spider-man 3, but Spider-man 2 is heralded as one of the greatest comic book films and it deserves it. Despite Spider-Man 1’s criticisms nowadays most films only wish they could fill the shoes of what the movie was able to accomplish especially with the weight is carried on its shoulders to be good, let alone turn out to be a classic.

I hope Sam Raimi can bring the same magic to Dr. Strange 2. It’s his fundamental understanding of character and how storytelling mixed with a good script that can make all the difference.

Lastly, I can only hope that NWH learned what made the second half of FFH work and the combine that with the great elements from the Raimi trilogy.
The original especially after rewatching is the greatest origin comic movie ever...that was a tight telling of Spiderman's origin while building up his arch enemy and making the stakes feel major. It's a pantheon comic movie for sure and you're right regarding the cgi. It looks funny because it was 2002 but still fits which is amazing after 19 years.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The original especially after rewatching is the greatest origin comic movie ever...that was a tight telling of Spiderman's origin while building up his arch enemy and making the stakes feel major. It's a pantheon comic movie for sure and you're right regarding the cgi. It looks funny because it was 2002 but still fits which is amazing after 19 years.
Yeah my issues with Tobey and his interpretation aside, those first two are really dope movies. There’s no fat on the first and the second is a character driven movie worthy of one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.

I don’t mind the cgi because that’s to be expected. Most older movies with cgi don’t “hold up” but that’s to be expected.