Official Southland Season 5 Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
she prob died of being old or natural causes...

but regina was prob crying more about having to be a real mom and take care of that kid rathar than seeing her mom aka da babysitta die....

I would guess heart attack, but you ain't lying about the crying, I too thought it was because she had to take care of baby all on her own now.

And a big fukk YOU to Ben, does is the ultimate prick as a cop. No remorse whatsoever for what he did.

And that shyt with the ex army guy, saw that shyt coming.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I would guess heart attack, but you ain't lying about the crying, I too thought it was because she had to take care of baby all on her own now.

And a big fukk YOU to Ben, does is the ultimate prick as a cop. No remorse whatsoever for what he did.

And that shyt with the ex army guy, saw that shyt coming.

Ben can't admit he was wrong, because he was all into that Mendoza jerk, he went across the line, and in the end it was for the wrong reasons and the wrong person. It makes him immoral and naive, and he'd rather be a remorseless company man, then that for now.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just watched and for some reason I can't stand any of these cops anymore. All of them have a quality that makes them unlikeable to me now. Probably has a lot to do with what has happened between seasons and how I view a lot of cops now.
Yeah, I still like the show but the heroic image of police officers has worn off for me. I really only like Sammy and Lydia (her partner is cool too). Ben used to be my dude but he is a dikk now, and Sammy shows a lot more compassion than I remember him showing in previous seasons. It's almost like they switched places.

I didn't really like what they did with the military veteran who was Cooper's trainee/partner. I was hoping they would explore post-traumatic stress disorder issues when they showed him cowering behind that car, especially since they focused on his military experiences a lot. That was disappointing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: This already came back on?!

Damn. One of my favorite shows and I wasn't around for it's return. I'm gonna dl the last three eps.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Last night was really good. Doesn't really do it justice, 'really good', it's an amazing show. Show is just so consistently top quality across the board, the acting, writing, direction, everything. Sammys ex such a great job is done with her character, and their relationship, spiraling into something horrible for Sammy and her, I imagine.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Crazy ass dude in the black trench coat shooting up a school then coming back and shooting at a whole police patrol :damn:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Last night was really good. Doesn't really do it justice, 'really good', it's an amazing show. Show is just so consistently top quality across the board, the acting, writing, direction, everything. Sammys ex is such a slimy, dirty bytch, but such a great job is done with her character, and their relationship, spiraling into something horrible for Sammy and her, I imagine.

nikka I've been close to hitting a bytch for less. nikka got his little wrestle on, took the camera, and has his homie backing him. I feel for him though, that bytch is just waiting out until his pockets can't anymore. There is nothing like a scorned bytch man, nothing like it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Imma need Tammi to catch that bullet :beli:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I feel like this is one of the best shows on tv, period. I'd say this is probably the last season, the ratings just have gone nowhere but down for the last 3 years. What the fukk was Ben thinking with that haircut though? Sammy hit him with the 'Taxi Driver' line at least.

I like when Ben asks the teacher if she's been to 'Intelligencia', the look on Sammy's face...

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
this show is always great i hope it continues for a lot more seasons but I keep hearing that the ratings are way down so I have my doubts
Sammy is my favorite character on the show

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Tonights episode was so tense and visceral, you would have sworn it was on HBO. WOW!!! I haven't been so eager for a commercial to end in my life. HOLY fukk.