Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Oso was gonna get himself murked quick with that emotional reaction shyt.

I didn’t blame him one bit.

If I came home and my family was murdered with $100K scrawled in their blood I wouldn’t be thinking “strategic” either. I’d just want to cut somebody’s eyes out.

one thing I completely forgot was that Gutavo didn’t know Reed was an FBI agent. Maybe it just slipped my mind butfor some reason I thought Reed had told him when Gustavo killed that other agent lady. I thought he BEEN knew.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
ManBoy stay with that slick talk...

Always testing....pushing those buttons.

Manboy getting a little out of pocket. I thought it was lowkey kind of bad writing to have him be so bold talking shyt to Jerome. You don’t tell the man in charge’s FAM that shyt was better when the man in charge was laid up with a bullet in his back. TOO bold and out of pocket

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This thread has a lot of posts about saying something like "Leon should stay in his lane" " Leon is a number 2" "He don't understand business " " He's the just the muscle " ect. But they keep overlooking the fact that Leon kept goons off of all their asses while Saint was on the sidelines. You got Louie once again coming at dude like he's her underling... he's not. Like somebody said dude is a general and should be respected like one. Does he have Franklin's business acumen and book smarts no... Can he charm his way through a negotiation like Louie no... Those qualities are great to have of course, but this is the beginning of the crack era in L.A. thoses muhfukkas was real savages a cat like belongs in the game more than any of the main characters. The shyt he brings to the table is essential to survive those times. We all know Saint is based of Rick Ross if the show sticks to his story then the C.I.A takes him down after a few years. But let's say it doesn't. Street dudes gonna rob and kill him at some point. That situation with the gang wars tells exactly what type of dude he really is. The fact that he wasn't out there in the field putting in work for the gang means he'll never get respect from real hitters. REED ain't the only plug if cats can get it cheaper from somebody else they going that way. Louie just a pretty face sorry to sound sexist. She's very expendable.

EVERYTHING you’re saying is correct.

BUT

The bottom line is that if Franklin goes down, SOMEBODY has to be in charge and it CANNOT be Leon. Leon is a street soldier for sure, put in mad work, and should be respected as a general. But he CAN’T be top dawg. He’s not a thinker, he’s hot headed, and he’s overly emotional. So if SOMEBODY has to be charge the best two people are either Louie or Franklin’s mother. Uncle Jerome is also too hot headed. The boss HAS to be a strategist and above all else has to have the juice to make the connects not only like him bit respect him. Ari RESPECTS Franklin. Reed RESPECTS Franklin. Leon was never going to be able to walk into that bookstore and have people who owned a business for THIRTY YEARS trust and RESPECT him enough to sign off on any paperwork. Louie could do that though (or again Franklin’s mother)

So Leon, in a best case scenario is a number 1 Street general. He has a place at the table always, and his counsel is taken into consideration. Maybe even he should have the final say on what goes on when it comes to the street shyt. But he ALWAYS a number two in the hierarchy forever. Even if Franklin dies Leon should NEVER be upgraded to Boss. A million dollar business would go dry in a matter of a month. Look at what he did after only a few DAYS of “fukk Franklin” can’t get a plug to save his fukking life.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
FIRST thing I thought, too, when she looked in that mirror.

Also, I feel like they're trying to prep us to DISLIKE Franklin now. He's starting to get more scumbaggish, maybe they're doing it so that when he finally goes down we'll feel like he deserved it and won't feel so bad for him. That was pretty blatant how he sold that couple out.

He’s the antihero. You’re supposed to feel a certain level of conflict rooting for him or against him. He’s truly three dimensional. His character is what they are TRYING to make Michael in Power Book 2 be. A good kid in a bad situation (the ghetto) who took what he thought was the only way “out” (selling drugs) and the deeper he gets the more cut throat he gets.

The moment in season 1 where he made the dude from the rival gang kill his homeboy in front of him was the moment he became the “bad” guy. There was no going back

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Franklin should’ve took Nix out the moment he had the drop on him. A cop putting a revolver to your head bout to kill you is bake a cake and spin da bend status. That’s on him :yeshrug: he let himself get extorted instead as if he ain’t already in too deep. :ld:

Killing a cop is risky enough. Killing a WHITE cop is almost downright crazy.

Remember Franklin had already killed Mel’s dad. TWO cops being killed in conjunction with his name would have made the block too hot for him. In his mind letting the cop live and having a crooked pig on his payroll was the safer and smarter course of action.

Franklin has ALWAYS been very strategic about who needs to die and when. Remember his first inclination this season wasn’t to kill either Skully or Manboy but to find a way to make peace so they could get back to business as usual. Only when he found that neither would give any quarter is when he made that move. He wouldn’t have even killed Mel’s father but he got too close to the truth when he broke into Franklin’s house. Franklin’s main objective has always been on how to control or manipulate LIVING people not put people in graves.

Thats one of the things that puts him a different class from Skully, Manboy, or even Leon. Death is a last resort for him

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Of course, which is prolly what had Saint even more fukked up. It feel like the last bit of love he had for others left him after Mel shot him. I think that gave him an added coldness to him.

Frfr, the cane/limp might just be a metaphor of this emotional mutation.

Outside of being a cop and gettin Saint’s spots raided, Andre in a vacuum was a good person. With that said, Saint kinda had to do it. Had Andre just left with Mel and never looked back he’d still be alive. Ngl, I was really hoping that he would do that and then come back later in S4 to expose the CIA angle.

1). He still loves his parents, Aunt Louie, Jerome, and even though he’s too mad to admit right now, he still loves Leon too. Mel was his last link to a pure and “romantic” love. He’ll probably be Hard On Hoes for the rest of his life. But he hasn’t completely lost ties to emotion. Thats why he so angrily threatened the Cop in the diner. He’s family is supposed to be “off limits”.

2).Andre was definitely a good man. He just underestimated Franklin and thought he was going to be on some “Batman/Joker” shyt where EVENTUALLY he’d take him down on some hero shyt not realizing that the boy he’d known as Franklin Saint was long gone. When Franklin told him to take Mel and go, Andre thought that was a door being opened, not comprehending that it was really the door being closed:demonic:

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He’s the antihero. You’re supposed to feel a certain level of conflict rooting for him or against him. He’s truly three dimensional. His character is what they are TRYING to make Michael in Power Book 2 be. A good kid in a bad situation (the ghetto) who took what he thought was the only way “out” (selling drugs) and the deeper he gets the more cut throat he gets.

The moment in season 1 where he made the dude from the rival gang kill his homeboy in front of him was the moment he became the “bad” guy. There was no going back

Something else about Franklin that made me dislike him was when he went to the funeral, and later on to Skully's place with the Dragunov. He had absolutely no regard for the bodies that dropped and their families. Who goes to a funeral for gang members and tries to reason with their OG to not retaliate so they can continue to make money? Who goes to that same OG's pad and and says laughingly "let's get back to making this money LOL"? These dudes just buried what? Three of their own? Reminded me of what Leon told Saint at the New Years party, that money got your head fukked up. So he's not only naive in certain ways, but he's developing tunnel vision chasing the paper and making mistakes along the way.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Something else about Franklin that made me dislike him was when he went to the funeral, and later on to Skully's place with the Dragunov. He had absolutely no regard for the bodies that dropped and their families. Who goes to a funeral for gang members and tries to reason with their OG to not retaliate so they can continue to make money? Who goes to that same OG's pad and and says laughingly "let's get back to making this money LOL"? These dudes just buried what? Three of their own? Reminded me of what Leon told Saint at the New Years party, that money got your head fukked up. So he's not only naive in certain ways, but he's developing tunnel vision chasing the paper and making mistakes along the way.

Franklin only cares about money. I haven't liked him since Season 2.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
As someone who watched a lot of Forensic Files, the way no officials really questioned Andre's "suicide" bothered me.

Even in the 80s they knew that suicide by gunshot would leave a different kind of wound than the shyt Franklin did.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

And I'm in the minority here but I thought him killing Kevin was grimy. Franklin is real shook of the Mexicans but has no problem fukking over crazy ass Skully