Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Manboy getting a little out of pocket. I thought it was lowkey kind of bad writing to have him be so bold talking shyt to Jerome. You don’t tell the man in charge’s FAM that shyt was better when the man in charge was laid up with a bullet in his back. TOO bold and out of pocket

Manboy been out of pocket. He knows what he's dealing with for the most part though, plus circumstances have changed. He's their sole biggest customer now that Skully is out the mix. They need him, just like he needs them. You notice his demeanor when talking with them is markedly different from when he first showed up at their crib after Leon and Fatback killed his surveillance team. Back then he was still a little cocky and charming, but respectful. After that he was still throwing jabs talking about Wanda humming the ABCs, and Westside nikkaz not being able to control their women.

Now he saw Franklin's weaknesses in a couple different aspects both physically and mentally. Patted Saint on the arm like, "you okay Saint?" knowing Saint was shook to death after that shootout. He's a typical snake too. He sees weakness in a frenemy, why not exploit that and see if his team feels the same? When Louie gets hurt, we might see Jerome and Saint bump heads in some capacity.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Something else about Franklin that made me dislike him was when he went to the funeral, and later on to Skully's place with the Dragunov. He had absolutely no regard for the bodies that dropped and their families. Who goes to a funeral for gang members and tries to reason with their OG to not retaliate so they can continue to make money? Who goes to that same OG's pad and and says laughingly "let's get back to making this money LOL"? These dudes just buried what? Three of their own? Reminded me of what Leon told Saint at the New Years party, that money got your head fukked up. So he's not only naive in certain ways, but he's developing tunnel vision chasing the paper and making mistakes along the way.

Well he’s in bed with the CIA now. He literally HAS to chase paper to survive and so his family and close crew survive. Its not an obsession so much as it is a core part of him being able to to still breathe on this earth lol.

He promised Reed he was going to make him astronomical amounts of money, enough to fund the war signal handedly. You can’t do that with your two biggest customers having a street war. Also remember, Franklin has been taught that money is the great equalizer, most of every negotiation he’s ever done successfully has involved money. His negotiations with Reed are about money. His negotiations with Avi are about money. The white cop Nix had a gun to his head and spared him because Franklin could make him MONEY. The only incorruptible character in the entire series was Andre.

So of COURSE when faced with the problem of Skully Vs Manboy his first strategy is get them back into the mindset of making MONEY. Because that’s been his trump card since season 1

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As someone who watched a lot of Forensic Files, the way no officials really questioned Andre's "suicide" bothered me.

Even in the 80s they knew that suicide by gunshot would leave a different kind of wound than the shyt Franklin did.

Nix covered it up remember. Obviously some stuff is going to happen off screen and They haven’t really delved fully into the corruption amongst the Police precinct but it stands to wager that Nix isn’t the only one making money off Franklin

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I'm in the minority here but I thought him killing Kevin was grimy. Franklin is real shook of the Mexicans but has no problem fukking over crazy ass Skully
He didn't have the manpower to fight the Mexicans alone.

At least with Skully, his crew has gotten bigger and he's got Manboy's crew.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Nix covered it up remember. Obviously some stuff is going to happen off screen and They haven’t really delved fully into the corruption amongst the Police precinct but it stands to wager that Nix isn’t the only one making money off Franklin

Yeah I know Nix covered it up in exchange for Franklin's money, but even the police at the scene would probably know right away that it was a homicide

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
He didn't have the manpower to fight the Mexicans alone.

At least with Skully, his crew has gotten bigger and he's got Manboy's crew.

It's not just about that though, I see people defend Franklin's every decision as long as it's about "getting money"

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not just about that though, I see people defend Franklin's every decision as long as it's about "getting money"
Defending Franklin's decision regarding the Mexicans isn't about getting money.

How were they going to survive a war against the Mexicans? How does that not end with every one of them dead?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Franklin's la accent takes me out of so many scenes. What's crazy is most characters on the show don't even put on an la accent at all. Just him it seems like.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Can I skip season 2 and go to season 3. Season 2 is boring

I wouldn't.... I found season 1 to be more boring than 2.

I actually started REALLY watching in season 3, and it was so much shyt they were referring to it made me go back watch the rest of season 1 and all of season 2. Connected a lot of dots for me