Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I really appreciate the show also digging in the crates for its soundtrack.

Not just playing Michael Jackson beat it and Billie Jean and calling it a day. Really finding out what could be played at a get together in l.a in 1985. /86

The music is great an so authentic. You can tell they put real thought into it. I was 7 in 85 and remember these jams on the radio all the time back then. Its great how they didn’t just go with the popular songs we all remember.

I've always said they did a really good job with the soundtrack.
Before the show aired, it looked like it was going to be the "Gangster Rap" show. Then the first season came out, and it was like watching a kid play Grand Theft Auto while listening to a Yacht Rock/80's R&B soundtrack.

I think the music really helps to establish how the neighborhood was happier and better off before people like Franklin came around.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I've always said they did a really good job with the soundtrack.
Before the show aired, it looked like it was going to be the "Gangster Rap" show. Then the first season came out, and it was like watching a kid play Grand Theft Auto while listening to a Yacht Rock/80's R&B soundtrack.

I think the music really helps to establish how the neighborhood was happier and better off before people like Franklin came around.

Speaking of that scene it would be dope if Ray-Ray got brought back into the show in some capacity

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Are Leon & Fatback crips?
Yeah. They're in south central L.A. not sure what neighborhood they're supposed to be in though. Most movies and TV shows bases around L.A. gangs never usually say exactly what gang is being portrayed. Only one I can remember is the movie South Central with the Hoovers. I'm sure there's some L.A. heads in here that can clarify exactly what set Leon and his crew belongs to.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The soundtrack is almost perfect! My only nitpick (and this is me looking hard to find a fault-not a knock on the show) is that some of the fashion seems a little too modern. Also, this is 1980's LA, why is Jerome the only person with a jheri curl? There should be curl activator stains everywhere!
I said the same thing about the hair styles should be a lot more braids and Curls not dudes with Hightop fades in 1983 even Mels hairstyle looks more current. The slang being used is a little off too. Nobody used the phrase "I'm good" in that context until the early 00s maybe "I'm aight " "I'm straight " or "I'm cool on that"
They are doing a good job with the wardrobe though Last season when Boosie got stomped out by Leon the fit he had on looked like it came Kurtis Blow's closet.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Now that you put that it way, it does make more sense. I didn't look at it that way.

I'm thinking about when Franklin took the gun to skully and how paranoid skully was. Frank had to convince them he wasn't setting him up. And I think Frank walked away from that convo knowing he made a better decision to go with manboy and I agree with it now. Add in to the fact frank tried to simmer things down at the funeral and skully didn't wanna hear it. He really can't be reasoned with and that's dangerous for business.

Skully makes for a better villan but Manboy will be a REAL antagonist to franklin. It makes sense on how big the crips got back in that time, manboy being the leader in compton, his muscle getting stronger and he's just as smart as franklin.

I just think by seasons end, either Jerome, louie, or leon will get killed..

I think its Jerome who will die. We see Aunt Louie in the hospital and the breakdown between Leon and Franklin. I think those are “fakeouts” in a way. Remember Jerome is the closest male family member Franklin has, he’s been with him since day 1, he also expressed a desire last season to get out of the game and go legit. We ALL know what happens to people in this game who want out, they usually die.

I think Jerome gets upset about whoever fukked up Aunt Louie and goes after them dolo after Franklin orders him to be cool. Jerome gets capped, possibly in the season finale. This will set up season 5 which will probably be the final season.

I said the same thing about the hair styles should be a lot more braids and Curls not dudes with Hightop fades in 1983 even Mels hairstyle looks more current. The slang being used is a little off too. Nobody used the phrase "I'm good" in that context until the early 00s maybe "I'm aight " "I'm straight " or "I'm cool on that"
They are doing a good job with the wardrobe though Last season when Boosie got stomped out by Leon the fit he had on looked like it came Kurtis Blow's closet.

I was wondering personally why Leon hasn’t had his hair braided yet. Dude’s fro is so big he should have the Snoop Dogg Plats by now

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think its Jerome who will die. We see Aunt Louie in the hospital and the breakdown between Leon and Franklin. I think those are “fakeouts” in a way. Remember Jerome is the closest male family member Franklin has, he’s been with him since day 1, he also expressed a desire last season to get out of the game and go legit. We ALL know what happens to people in this game who want out, they usually die.

I think Jerome gets upset about whoever fukked up Aunt Louie and goes after them dolo after Franklin orders him to be cool. Jerome gets capped, possibly in the season finale. This will set up season 5 which will probably be the final season.

I was wondering personally why Leon hasn’t had his hair braided yet. Dude’s fro is so big he should have the Snoop Dogg Plats by now
He had them for 1 episodes in season 1 . But yeah early 80s was mostly braids curls and low cuts with the waves and the rat tails or duck tails in the back

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Sitting here watching Protect and Swerve when Manboy rolls solo to Saint's HQ. The way this dude reads a room :banderas: He's been scoping Saint for a minute now. We just didn't know how much until he peeps how shook Saint is after the shootout with Skully. This upcoming episode we're gonna see how devious he is. This is the episode Louis ends up in the hospital. If you pay attention to the trailers she meets up with him for some reason. Whether that be a reup, or post Bootsie funeral, I don't know. Gonna be interesting. Dude is playing chess. Lowkey I think Louis want the dikk. Something about her too, she's sexy to me.

Daps
I BELIEVE that Franklin was on some “Know Thy Enemy” shyt. Franklin KNOWS that eventually Manboy will make his move, that means that Franklin can stay one step ahead and won’t be taken by “surprise” by any betrayal. Skully is legitimately CRAZY and unpredictable. Yea he stays in his “lane” for now but he’s living chaos. You cannot deal comfortably with living Chaos. You can’t bargain with it. You can’t bribe it. You can only hope that its storm passes you by.

Franklin was thinking get rid of Skully now. Quiet this gang war shyt. Then deal with Manboy down the line.

Its the hubris of sometimes thinking TOO FAR ahead and not existing within the moment. I don’t think Franklin yet appreciates the seriousness of the Gang uprising. Just like nobody really foresaw how Crack would decimate entire communities and turn people into zombies.

I can understand this perspective but the truth is Franklin can expect Man Boy’s betrayal but that’s not a guarantee he’ll avoid the trap. Like I said earlier, conniving people like Man Boy are on another level. Just staying ready and trying to be steps ahead of them is a full time job in itself. Factor in that Franklin can’t even fully focus on that because of the mess he’s created and he’s just leaving himself vulnerable and open.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Probably got white writers on the show
Or young black writers who didn’t do enough research