Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I really didn’t understand the choice to take out Skully. Man boy is conniving and shifty as hell. There’s no rest dealing with someone like that. You always have to stay steps ahead of them and even then that’s not a guarantee you’ll stay out of their traps.

I BELIEVE that Franklin was on some “Know Thy Enemy” shyt. Franklin KNOWS that eventually Manboy will make his move, that means that Franklin can stay one step ahead and won’t be taken by “surprise” by any betrayal. Skully is legitimately CRAZY and unpredictable. Yea he stays in his “lane” for now but he’s living chaos. You cannot deal comfortably with living Chaos. You can’t bargain with it. You can’t bribe it. You can only hope that its storm passes you by.

Franklin was thinking get rid of Skully now. Quiet this gang war shyt. Then deal with Manboy down the line.

Its the hubris of sometimes thinking TOO FAR ahead and not existing within the moment. I don’t think Franklin yet appreciates the seriousness of the Gang uprising. Just like nobody really foresaw how Crack would decimate entire communities and turn people into zombies.

wavycam

Pro
Daps
I don’t see how Franklin makes it out of this without taking some Ls and the new Mexican cops are wildin out

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I really appreciate the show also digging in the crates for its soundtrack.

Not just playing Michael Jackson beat it and Billie Jean and calling it a day. Really finding out what could be played at a get together in l.a in 1985. /86

I fukk with that I Need A Freak song they used in Season 2

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The music is great an so authentic. You can tell they put real thought into it. I was 7 in 85 and remember these jams on the radio all the time back then. Its great how they didn’t just go with the popular songs we all remember.
The soundtrack is almost perfect! My only nitpick (and this is me looking hard to find a fault-not a knock on the show) is that some of the fashion seems a little too modern. Also, this is 1980's LA, why is Jerome the only person with a jheri curl? There should be curl activator stains everywhere!

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I BELIEVE that Franklin was on some “Know Thy Enemy” shyt. Franklin KNOWS that eventually Manboy will make his move, that means that Franklin can stay one step ahead and won’t be taken by “surprise” by any betrayal. Skully is legitimately CRAZY and unpredictable. Yea he stays in his “lane” for now but he’s living chaos. You cannot deal comfortably with living Chaos. You can’t bargain with it. You can’t bribe it. You can only hope that its storm passes you by.

Franklin was thinking get rid of Skully now. Quiet this gang war shyt. Then deal with Manboy down the line.

Its the hubris of sometimes thinking TOO FAR ahead and not existing within the moment. I don’t think Franklin yet appreciates the seriousness of the Gang uprising. Just like nobody really foresaw how Crack would decimate entire communities and turn people into zombies.
Now that you put that it way, it does make more sense. I didn't look at it that way.

I'm thinking about when Franklin took the gun to skully and how paranoid skully was. Frank had to convince them he wasn't setting him up. And I think Frank walked away from that convo knowing he made a better decision to go with manboy and I agree with it now. Add in to the fact frank tried to simmer things down at the funeral and skully didn't wanna hear it. He really can't be reasoned with and that's dangerous for business.

Skully makes for a better villan but Manboy will be a REAL antagonist to franklin. It makes sense on how big the crips got back in that time, manboy being the leader in compton, his muscle getting stronger and he's just as smart as franklin.

I just think by seasons end, either Jerome, louie, or leon will get killed..