Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Word this shyt getting a lot of hype

I’m kinda tired of crack content and the lead actor isn’t believable to me at all as an American black person
Its like Idris Elba on The Wire for this generation.
Its a valiant effort but the actors just lack something

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2307875b-3ea7-44ee-84bb-c53752584bda.gif

:mjlit:
:mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Word this shyt getting a lot of hype

I’m kinda tired of crack content and the lead actor isn’t believable to me at all as an American black person
I think the opposite, Damson does a great job, my only nitpick is that he sometimes leans too far into a Denzel imitation vs that 80’s/90’s LA accent, but it’s not distracting nor does it take away from his acting.

And I didn’t watch snowfall when it first dropped for the same reason, not wanting to see another glorified crack story, but it doesn’t glorify the game and has been more of an interesting character development piece. I think it’s worth getting over your hang ups to watch, again, that’s coming from someone who had the same concern and now loves this show.

Daps
The reporter was just overly ambitious because her life and career was so irrelevant. Alton is just a dumb ass nikka. But I think he trying to make up for shyt he fukked up on himself in his early days
I dont think either of them are dumb. It's like when havi soldier handed Leon the uzi and he was randomly shooting street lights out with it. Leon at that moment doesn't know that he is getting from the Israeli the automatic weapon that would be used to mow down thousands in the black community. There is a bit of naiveness on every character in the show not fully understanding the impact of what crack cocaine is doing to the black community in the moment and us only understanding what it did in hindsight.

Naw the reporter is dumb as fukk. We can call it ambition in the beginning, but when reed drugged her and said tomorrow you’ll wake up the next time you won’t, after that point she was dumb to continue on with the story.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Naw the reporter is dumb as fukk. We can call it ambition in the beginning, but when reed drugged her and said tomorrow you’ll wake up the next time you won’t, after that point she was dumb to continue on with the story.

Her arc annoyed me because she was selectively dumb. Smart enough to figure out everything Franklin and Teddy were doing but then super dumb when it came to dealing with Teddy in real life

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
"...we got guns...."

:skip:

I need to rewatch the finale. I'm list as to why Jerome and Auntie are doing this.. it doesn't make sense to me...

:wtb:

Why would they NOT do that? Louie almost died because of Franklin, her solution was a good compromise (Franklin still makes money but Louie and Jerome run their own shyt)

Daps
Why would they NOT do that? Louie almost died because of Franklin, her solution was a good compromise (Franklin still makes money but Louie and Jerome run their own shyt)

Louie almost died because she went against her better judgment and went to that funeral, and she only went because of jeromes peer pressure. She told him it wasn’t a good idea.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Louie almost died because she went against her better judgment and went to that funeral, and she only went because of jeromes peer pressure. She told him it wasn’t a good idea.

Right but she told Franklin not to go against Skully

Regardless, they're grown ass adults and have no ogligation to do with their 20 year old nephew wants

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don’t get to be a dead beat, drunk, drugged out homeless man, use all my resources to get yourself together and run a business. Then wake up one day and decide to rat me out putting my whole life and operation in danger....

People can change their mind. You only feel this way because it’s a tv show and it’s not “real”. In real life, Franklin is no different than a Rayful Edmond or an Alpo...with multiple bodies on them...and nobody with all their marbles are defending them.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny that Alton is the only person with morals on this show and people hate him for it. :dead:

People always get like this with tv shows. The characters be evil as fukk but, because it’s fake people take it lighter. If this was real life, Franklin would be a sociopath. He shot his own girlfriend’s dad execution style. Motherfukkas talking about “next season he’s going to go completely dark” like that’s not cold blooded murder :dead: No parent in their right mind would want Franklin as a son.

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think the opposite, Damson does a great job, my only nitpick is that he sometimes leans too far into a Denzel imitation vs that 80’s/90’s LA accent, but it’s not distracting nor does it take away from his acting.

And I didn’t watch snowfall when it first dropped for the same reason, not wanting to see another glorified crack story, but it doesn’t glorify the game and has been more of an interesting character development piece. I think it’s worth getting over your hang ups to watch, again, that’s coming from someone who had the same concern and now loves this show.

Most of the black actors in hollywood use Denzel as a template if you analyze them:wow:, some pretty blatant :mjlol:.

The breh Tory Kittles is one of my favorite actors (killed it on Colony) but he goes into his Denzel bag quite often :russ:. I'd the say the black english actors do it the most. That's what happens to the architects though :myman: