Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hope Alton is alive but I can't see that happening with Teddy making the effort to go all the way down to Cuba. And Amin Joseph said something insinuating that he is dead.

Also, is it implied that Franklin's negative feelings for his fad stem more from him being a deadbeat all those years than the reporter thing?

Yes. The flashback was vital is showing how bad his drinking problem was and how he ended up on the street.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So was Alton and Cissy lowkey.

Dealing with consequences ALWAYS makes a person refocus their perspective. Same thing with Leon.

Everyone is now seeing just how fukked up the “game” is and wants out. Except Franklin, because Franklin realized how fukked up it was when Melody shot him. He decided to commit to it good or bad in the season 3 finale.
as someone who binged this to be ready for season 4, i'd say the season 3 finale gave me the opposite feeling, he sounded like he realized the damage the game was causing and didn't want to leave cuz they needed to clean it up...clearly that aint happen, but i don't feel like he was doubling down on it at the end of season 3

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Well well this was certainly an...interesting finale to say the least.

I personally felt that Louie and/or Jerome NEEDED to die. I was disappointed as fukk in that weak ass sermon Louie gave Skully. Franklin’s crew fukking STYLED on Skully the last three episodes and left that nikka with absolutely nothing. He’s popping SOMEBODY off rip.

But by the end I understood why the writers kept both of them alive. Their going to Breaking Bad “Heisenberg” this shyt to where Franklin’s downfall doesn’t come from outside forces, its going to come from within.

“Its not your enemies who get you its ALWAYS your own people”- Nas

I really fukk with that method of storytelling because it makes sense for Franklin. Since season 1 he’s always wanted his friends and family involved with what he was doing. He went to Jerome FIRST to help with selling cocaine. He made Leon and Kevin his first partners. He’s NEVER given up, snitched, or abandoned anyone who he considered close. He even let Mel go after she fukking shot him. He let Terossa go after she betrayed him. During the first scene when Alton is taking young Franklin out of the school why is Franklin hesitating? Because he doesn’t want to leave his FRIENDS. Close affiliations MEAN something to Franklin. And in the end I bet it won’t be Teddy who kills Franklin, it’ll be either Leon or Jerome or Louie.

Alton was going to have to go. That was inevitable. No I don’t think Cissy set him up. That makes no sense and its completely out of her character. Now what I AM speculative on is if Teddy actually kills Alton. We never even saw Teddy point the gun. Also Franklin isn’t stupid, one phone call from Cissy with word that Alton took a bullet and the ONLY person Franklin is going to be suspicious of is Reed. I don’t think Reed is ready to cut Franklin loose as a dealer unless Season 5 is truly the final season and they are setting up Franklin Vs. Reed so they can go out with a bang.

I don’t think Skully is dead either. The nikka fainted in the ONE place where you’d want to faint if you took a bullet to the gut. My bets are he’ll be back next season and shyt won’t be as “square” as Louie claims it is.

Franklin threatening Mel and skipping on out the church was a BOLD choice to end the season. I must admit I didn’t see it coming. I watched that scene twice just to confirm how I felt and I lowkey think its genius. Franklin’s been playing physically weak all season, letting people like Manboy underestimate him which led him to being over cocky. And also led to Jerome thinking that fight they had was more emotionally charged than it was. Franklin is thinking two steps ahead. THATS how great anti-heroes are born.

I must say i’m mostly impressed with what this episode represents thematically, and maybe thats why i’m willing to overlook some of the more obvious flaws (Skully not killing either Louie or Jerome or both. The standoff between Teddy and Alton ran a little too long and was too fukking cliche. Gustavo still being a sucker for Lucia, who NOBODY gives a fukk about.) Black led crime shows mostly devolve into bang bang shoot em up gangsta cliches, whereas I respect Snowfall for going more into Breaking Bad territory. If you watch the entirety of Breaking Bad, Walter himself didn’t kill a whole lot of people. Rather, it was his ability to manipulate OTHERS into taking care of his problems that made him such an interesting and dangerous character. Thats the same route their going with Franklin, and I respect the hell out of that choice.

I’m looking forward to season 5. I was of the STRONG opinion that season 5 should be the last season but I think with the way they’ve set it up after this last episode, if the writing and planning is able to really utilize their full resources with corona (hopefully) being under better control, they could easily go two more seasons. There’s a LOT of storytelling potential with Franklin’s expansion and how that effects things in LA. Also IF Skully is still alive thats another angle to explore as a nemesis for Franklin and crew.

Overall i’d give the finale an 8.5/10. The season i’d give an 8/10* with an asterisk for what they had to improvise because of Corona.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
as someone who binged this to be ready for season 4, i'd say the season 3 finale gave me the opposite feeling, he sounded like he realized the damage the game was causing and didn't want to leave cuz they needed to clean it up...clearly that aint happen, but i don't feel like he was doubling down on it at the end of season 3

Clean it up? Exactly how was looking a CIA agent in the eye and telling him he’d flood the hood with so much crack cocaine that the CIA would name an entire wing of their headquarters after him “cleaning up” what he’d done:gucci:

Franklin knows the shyt he’s peddling is poison. He saw what it did to his best friend’s girlfriend. He saw what it did to his entire community. He saw what it did to girl he loved. And his choice was KEEP on selling it. And not just to keep selling it, but to promise he’d go ABOVE AND BEYOND to get every nikka in his vicinity hooked on the shyt. If that ain’t doubling down I don’t know what is

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4284.jpg