Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Reed portrayed as a desk type of dude at the beginning of the series. Now he's on some Sicario shyt:gucci:
Anyone else see the rift between Jerome and Louie coming bacc? I think Louie might be plottin, Jerome look like he full fledged with the shyt now
I don't think Louie is plotting.

I think the shyt just got bigger than what Unc was expecting, him killing someone really fukked him up. But he thought that it was something he could get out of if he could convince Louie to do it. After finding out that Louie knew Reed was CIA and that there is no way out, Unc is on some fukk it shyt now, if we stuck in this, then I'm in, I don't like y'all for lying to me about the whole thing, but I'm in.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What I was expecting, was for him to give Frank the warning and skip to Cuba. From there, Franklin will either handle it or brush it off due to the pressure on Leon and the crew. It’s funny cuz he goes off on this Black history speech and how surviving the CIA is impossible but that just exposes how little he cared for Frank in that moment. Even if Gladgela Yee kept the Saint’s names out of it people can read between the lines and figure it out. Alton wasn’t as thorough of a Panther as the ATGs. Interestingly enough tho, I think the writers took him running a drug rehab center from Mutulu Shakur’s story. In the end tho, I think Wanda might be the one to take over the clinic.

I’ll say that although I didn’t have a problem with the episode I can see why some people think we just saw the beginnings of this show turning into Power. As vicious as Reed is, I don’t ever remember him being fukkin Jason Bourne killin drug dealing Mexican police in Tijuana and breaking and entering in Panama. The Narcos CIA guy might’ve been with the shyts like that but not Reed.

Agreed.

Here’s the thing. I enjoy the worse episodes of Snowfall more than I ever enjoyed the BEST episodes of Power. The acting snowfall is incredible in portions and the writing is much better even when its kind of falling off.

I agree with you on Alton. I feel like the series tried to really do their best to set up why he’d sing like a canary to the reporter. Seeing literal Black Zombies day in and day out, especially coming from someone whose fighting an addiction themselves, can be soul draining. And sometimes smart people do dumb shyt simply to alleviate their conscious so they feel like their doing the “right” thing.

But going to the papers on the fukking CIA? :gucci: In NO world is that even a fathomable idea. There IS no protection from that shyt. Especially given the fact that Alton KNOWS how deep Franklin is, or at least is aware that Franklin isn’t just a “dealer”.

I get the “flee to Cuba” shyt. But you do that shyt FIRST not second.

And Reed lowkey been getting away with fukkery above and beyond his paygrade since at least season 2. Dude’s been on an unstoppable streak for a minute. Though this episode DEFINITELY pushed the bounds of believability but so did the ep where Reed and Gustavo went Rambo on a whole compound of Mexican Mafia gangstas:martin:

I can tell this season is suffering a bit due to Covid. But I WILL say that I mostly enjoyed this episode. Jerome going with Leon to settle shyt with the OG was an effective scene. Jerome also taking that money out of old girl’s pockets and demanding to know more about the hit was real as fukk. Leon can NEVER be a boss nikka. Even he has to realize that at this point.

The scene between Franklin and Alton was very good too. I thought for a minute that Franklin was actually going to shoot him, which is a testament to Damson Idris’s incredible acting.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I never trusted him

remember he tried to pull some slick shyt with Franklin last season regarding his money. Franklin gave him a pass on some “we got history” shyt but Avi been on some double crossing fukkery.

It was unrealistic for Avi to show up on the scene though. That made no sense whatsoever and there were better ways of showing he was behind the money being stolen than doing that stupid shyt

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm not saying Alton should trust Irene but does the average viewer really think Alton should just do nothing while the CIA keeps pumping crack into LA? Even if he had the reporter killed (not in Alton's nature), the story might have came out anyway and with their family explicitly mentioned

Alton know what it is. He isn’t some innocent bystander he BEEN knew Franklin was in the game and he accepted it. That means when some shyt goes down you consult the HNIC and for better or worse the leader handles it. Franklin is the LEADER. That means its his call. Alton stepped out of line the minute he made boss move without boss privileges. Now he’s made a situation worse.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why does Avi keep letting Teddy play him? He (probably) doesn't know Teddy is CIA, and Teddy isn't directly putting tons of money in Avi's pocket.
The Avi we met in season 1 would've killed Teddy a long time ago.

Avi knows Reed is CIA I believe. When they were talking on the plane Avi was trying to relate to the stress that Reed was under by telling him that he worked for his home country’s government when he was younger and he got burned out just like how Reed is burned out.