Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I took his conversation with Franklin's mom as him testing the waters. He basically knew that if he couldn't convince the mom to get Franklin out of the game then there was no hope of convincing Franklin to stop.

Alton is not a sociopath like Franklin so I don't know why people expected him to have the reporter killed.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm not mad at Alton at all for trying to do the right thing.

But it does seem rushed that he decided to do that in just one episode. Surely he has seen the destruction of crack already after 2 years.

Franklin thinks he can do this shyt forever though and there's no convincing him otherwise.
That's the real problem. We've all seen the stories on these dealers making millions a month and wondered why they didn't just pocket the money and walk away. They're just fiends to the dollar. Two sides of the same coin as the users they're selling to.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What I was expecting, was for him to give Frank the warning and skip to Cuba. From there, Franklin will either handle it or brush it off due to the pressure on Leon and the crew. It’s funny cuz he goes off on this Black history speech and how surviving the CIA is impossible but that just exposes how little he cared for Frank in that moment. Even if Gladgela Yee kept the Saint’s names out of it people can read between the lines and figure it out. Alton wasn’t as thorough of a Panther as the ATGs. Interestingly enough tho, I think the writers took him running a drug rehab center from Mutulu Shakur’s story. In the end tho, I think Wanda might be the one to take over the clinic.

I’ll say that although I didn’t have a problem with the episode I can see why some people think we just saw the beginnings of this show turning into Power. As vicious as Reed is, I don’t ever remember him being fukkin Jason Bourne killin drug dealing Mexican police in Tijuana and breaking and entering in Panama. The Narcos CIA guy might’ve been with the shyts like that but not Reed.

Alton believing the reporter could/would "protect his family" was cringeworthy.:why:

I can believe a CIA field operative has skills, but they should've at least hinted at it before season 4.:aicmon:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I feel sorry for the mom. First half-way crook Deangelo, now black panther party bench-warmer Alton :russ:

He should have moved to Cuba and set up something that the family could move to (and used some of his son's drug money to woo the black panther royalty there) instead of selling him let's run away to Cuba dreams.

Exactly, all them pleas he was coppin had him lookin washed. Assata a G that’s Pac auntie you ain’t on that level. Fake ass Mutulu you ain’t trill.....:skip:

Sike naw, in all seriousness the conflicts got to him and that separation that was already developed between him and Frank from the past finally manifested again through this difference of path. Alton is so desperate to end the epidemic and save his son from the CIA that he let himself be played. It was a moment of weakness that been building all season.

Avi was Mossad, he definitely should realize/know Teddy is CIA.

Yup, Avi mentioned that when they was on the plane. So lowest of keys Reed might be evenly matched if Avi still tapped in. I think he said he retired tho.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
That's the real problem. We've all seen the stories on these dealers making millions a month and wondered why they didn't just pocket the money and walk away. They're just fiends to the dollar. Two sides of the same coin as the users they're selling to.

What is the likely outcome of Franklin strolling in like “Look Mr. CIA...me and my family are DONE! We’re taking the millions of dollars that we made with YOUR drugs and going off into the sunset. Thanks for all the the murders and illegal stuff y’all kept covered while we made these millions. Peace.”

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm not mad at Alton at all for trying to do the right thing.

But it does seem rushed that he decided to do that in just one episode. Surely he has seen the destruction of crack already after 2 years.

Franklin thinks he can do this shyt forever though and there's no convincing him otherwise.

Seeing that fiend dead and those kids without parents fukked him up. Plus DJ Vladie Chan on his neck, and he end up in a bar after celebrating sobriety. His demons led him here.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
quite the opposite, he knows there's only a limited time, he had the convo with reed. i think frank is just hell bent on going as big and as hard as he can for 1-2 years he has left to get as much money as he can - all he cares about is money and the power it can bring.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

He's basically like Walter White doing it for the thrill.

What is the likely outcome of Franklin strolling in like “Look Mr. CIA...me and my family are DONE! We’re taking the millions of dollars that we made with YOUR drugs and going off into the sunset. Thanks for all the the murders and illegal stuff y’all kept covered while we made these millions. Peace.”

The contra was gonna end soon anyway. I'm not sure if there are really "good" options for Franklin, he screwed himself by getting into the game in the first place.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not liking how they’re writing Alton btw.

came in here to say this...totally nerfed his character

...and then to have franklin pistol-whip him and treating him like a corner boy lol

the ep was going good up until that point

I didn’t expect franklin to be happy and skip around upon hearing what his pops did but I did expect him to move differently in an attempt to get the info from his pops as opposed to pulling out a gun on him...anyway they’ll stretch out how long it takes leon to tell him even tho that shoulda been something he told him immediately upon hearing it from wanda but he’ll find out who the reporter is eventually

once again tho they did a good job of getting me to actually feel sorry for the reporter

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That scene was pointless. Why have Wanda overhear the reporter, not tell anybody and then they find out five minutes later anyway?:mindblown:

leon will eventually tell franklin who will talk to wanda for details on the reporter...I’m just mad it’s gonna be stretched out in this way at the expense of alton’s character...I don’t like when they have characters act out of character just to create conflict/tension