Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
been sitting on this for a few days and this was a great origin story. the 3rd act kind of held it back but overall it was a good story with great action. the fight scenes were probably the best in MCU and the ten rings add a nice effect to the fight scenes too.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This is the sound of what you don't know killing you
This is the sound of what you don't believe still true
This is the sound of what you don't want still in you
TPC motherfukker, cop a feel or two

:mjlol:
This was the last time I really fukked with EL-P :wow:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
we 10 yrs of marvel led by male heroes and a whole childhood filled with them and all women got was princess leia and sarah conner so i aint mad at it. I wanna see more nerd females at the theater geeking out

:shaq:
This is like complaining there arent enough romance novels for men or enough Disney princesses for boys.

Superheroes are supposed to be for boys/men and there is nothing wrong with that.

Also female superheroes are not the problem, the problem is at female characters are replacing or diminishing male ones.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is like complaining there arent enough romance novels for men or enough Disney princesses for boys.

Superheroes are supposed to be for boys/men and there is nothing wrong with that.

Also female superheroes are not the problem, the problem is at female characters are replacing or diminishing male ones.
From a financial/capitalist perspective there is some things wrong with that. Marvel thru just their character development and supporting female characters have already got a decent size female audience. Why not try and increase it? What would be ideal for them is if they had a 50/50 split between the sexes. More bank.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
From a financial/capitalist perspective there is some things wrong with that. Marvel thru just their character development and supporting female characters have already got a decent size female audience. Why not try and increase it? What would be ideal for them is if they had a 50/50 split between the sexes. More bank.

Sounds good in theory buy I dont see women flocking to superhero movies anymore than men will flock to romantic comedies. Unless they drastically change the nature of the genre.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Sounds good in theory buy I dont see women flocking to superhero movies anymore than men will flock to romantic comedies. Unless they drastically change the nature of the genre.

Breh, the crazy thing is, and i know this isn't the norm, but i was actually between two black parties (on my left was a brotha and his girl) and on my right were two sistas.

And i heard women laughing throughout, so there were plenty of females supporting superhero movies.

Any who,

I know Chadwick is up there smiling down on the advancement/representation underrepresented groups/cultures are now receiving in superhero cinema.

You know what woulda been phenomenal? A Black Panther/Shang Chi crossover movie (ala Falcon and Winter Soldier). Man the numbers a flick like this would generate. Just think; a superhero version of Rush Hour.

Fukk.

We miss you Chad. And thank you for everything.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Making a super hero equally likely to be a man or woman I think qualifies as 'drastically change the nature of the genre'. That's not been the case historically but Marvel is making a large effort to make that the caae.

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The money is in getting it ingrained in the little girls, so they become the women passing it down

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Superheroes in comics were created for men/boys.

Superheroes in movies/tv are trying to hit all 4 quadrants.

So just cause an Elektra comic can’t sell more than a limited series comic doesn’t mean it can’t be a billion dollar movie.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Making a super hero equally likely to be a man or woman I think qualifies as 'drastically change the nature of the genre'. That's not been the case historically but Marvel is making a large effort to make that the caae.
I'm not talking about simply adding female heroes, I'm talking about sucking all the testosterone out: solving problems with violence, quests for vengeance, competition to see who's the strongest or fastest , they haven't done this ...yet.
The money is in getting it ingrained in the little girls, so they become the women passing it down

We'll see anything is possible. But boys and girls are still socialized differently and therefore like different entertainment. There is a reason women dont even watch the WNBA

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We'll see anything is possible. But boys and girls are still socialized differently and therefore like different entertainment. There is a reason women dont even watch the WNBA

You got a point there, but MCU and WNBA are leagues apart in support, on the creative and the consumer side :russ: Marvel women are still generating profit. I can almost guarantee the next generation of girls will be more open to nerd shyt (I’m a nerd I can say it :ufdup:) just due to it being mainstream af

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All of the women in my family love the MCU.
Women enjoy a good story with the right balance of drama and comedy. Adding action on top that makes for a good movie.

The fact that Marvel makes good movies gets them a female audience. As long as the action remains good they will keep the male audience too.