Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Saw this last night with the family

Really great movie

Loved the feel of an old school Kung fu film, fukk all that deep theorizing and plot development, they on the bus , I need that pendant, let's get right to the fighting!!

Marvel taking the visuals to the next level my only slight criticism was the story line hard to sell being in a war with your own father lol but appreciated the Asian culture that was represented that's cool for their people.

Overall I give it a 9/10 damn near perfect slight issues with the storyline for me but def made up for with the action and dialog.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
One thing I noticed is females have taken over the MCU. :ohhh:

1. Asgard is led by a female.
2. Wakanda may have a queen instead of a king.
3. Shuri might be the new black panther
4. The emergence of the Scarlett Witch
5. RiRi replacing iron man
6. Captain Marvel will now be joined by Spectrum and Ms Marvel.
7. Sharon Carter is the power broker
8. Julia Luis Dreyfus is in charge of the dark avengers
9. There’s a new Black Widow.
10. A female opened the multiverse and now…
the 10 rings are now led by a female [\spoiler]
Wasp is also better at being Ant-man than Ant-man

total overcorrection, they heard the bytching and dccided 75% of the heroes need to be female now... but i don't wanna sound like an incel, so Go Marvel!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been thinking about this movie and I have one thought and one question.

My thought is that the degree of difficulty of the arrow shot that Katie made is being overrated. The target was huge, the thing was not moving, due to absorbing the dragon soul, and the distance wasn't that far. An amateur with decent technique and no distraction should have been able to hit that creature on any part of its throat at that distance. It was an important shot in the movie but it didn't seem that hard to make. I'll have to watch the movie again to confirm but it didn't seem like that hard since she was shown hitting targets dead center before the battle.

My question, was the group that kidnapped Tony a part of the official Ten Rings or were they another fake crew? I'm pretty sure the group that kidnapped Tony in Ironman 1 wasn't associated with the group from Ironman 3. My thing is that group seemed small and desperate to gain weapons and establish themselves. The group lead by Shang Chi's father seemed much more disciplined and organized than that. Based on the time-line established, Shang was born in 1996, his mother was killed when he was 7 so about 2003, Tony was kidnapped in 2008, so the real crew had been brought back by that point but my question is, were they still rebuilding and in need of a foothold around the world? Maybe this was an official offshoot to take control of that region but it's not clear.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

My thought is that the degree of difficulty of the arrow shot that Katie made is being overrated. The target was huge, the thing was not moving, due to absorbing the dragon soul, and the distance wasn't that far. An amateur with decent technique and no distraction should have been able to hit that creature on any part of its throat at that distance. It was an important shot in the movie but it didn't seem that hard to make. I'll have to watch the movie again to confirm but it didn't seem like that hard since she was shown hitting targets dead center before the battle.

My question, was the group that kidnapped Tony a part of the official Ten Rings or were they another fake crew? I'm pretty sure the group that kidnapped Tony in Ironman 1 wasn't associated with the group from Ironman 3. My thing is that group seemed small and desperate to gain weapons and establish themselves. The group lead by Shang Chi's father seemed much more disciplined and organized than that. Based on the time-line established, Shang was born in 1996, his mother was killed when he was 7 so about 2003, Tony was kidnapped in 2008, so the real crew had been brought back by that point but my question is, were they still rebuilding and in need of a foothold around the world? Maybe this was an official offshoot to take control of that region but it's not clear.

seems like he was retired when all of that took place. Either that or he just didn’t care. He didn’t even go by the mandarin.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Fiege said iron man 1 ten rings were apart of this film’s

Conz

Superstar
Daps

they should have had her take a miracle shot, and we watch the trajectory, just as it's about to miss, Shang uses the rings to whip it for a direct hit. she could have gotten the assist and he could have gotten the glory... i mean, technically that wasn't the kill shot so that's how it is now, but the shot was still ridiculous. also, they could have easily just wrote that off with a quick foreshadow. we saw she was a good driver and she got the driving payoff. they should have showed them playing darts in the bar for a split second during a montage so we can at the very least say, "well, we know she's a crack shot."

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
they should have had her take a miracle shot, and we watch the trajectory, just as it's about to miss, Shang uses the rings to whip it for a direct hit. she could have gotten the assist and he could have gotten the glory... i mean, technically that wasn't the kill shot so that's how it is now, but the shot was still ridiculous. also, they could have easily just wrote that off with a quick foreshadow. we saw she was a good driver and she got the driving payoff. they should have showed them playing darts in the bar for a split second during a montage so we can at the very least say, "well, we know she's a crack shot."
I agree, she was also talking to someone about trying new things, practicing until you are decent at it then stopping. One add on sentence about her trying archery in the past becoming good then stopping would have solved the problem.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This, and I think they would’ve debunked this in the film if they weren’t.

Yeah, I thought it was strange they at least didn’t just alude to her being on the archery team in HS or something as a quick reference or former interest or something like her driving skills.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I thought Wenwu even said in the movie that his ten rings was hired to capture Tony.
Spider-Man is staying

Trying to beat JB to the theaters
247.gif

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I agree, she was also talking to someone about trying new things, practicing until you are decent at it then stopping. One add on sentence about her trying archery in the past becoming good then stopping would have solved the problem.
i mean, even something extremely corny like, "you think you're gonna meet Hawkeye? I love that guy." these heroes all exist in the world, that's not good writing by any means, but i'm a jackass who wants shyt like that to justify the dumb shyt