Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
This is one of the freshest movies if not the freshest movie of phase 4. It was a breath of fresh air, and gave us something new that we weren't expecting.
It was dope if you went in without expectations. If you went in hoping for a Jackie Chan, Ong Bak or some other shyt, you were going to be disappointed. I kind of hyped myself and left a little disappointed because it didn't blow me away. By itself, it was a good movie. Entertaining and different enough.

Only gripe is that I wanted more tie-ins with the rest of the MCU. A lot of these projects can be omitted without consequence.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It was trash.

It should have been Marvel’s version of dragonball/dragonball z

How do you make a movie about a super powered marital artist and have no memorable fight scenes :scust:

Can you imagine if the movie had a fight scene like this but just with superpowers character

Would have been an easy $1B grossed as we ain’t seen something like that on screen before. This should have been an easy home run for Marvel

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was ok. Shang Chi was the wackest part of the movie

I also think this was the first movie where the marvel fatigue started setting in like "Ok I've seen this 15 times already". It's a very typical MCU origin movie

I also think marvel waters down what was supposed to be a movie akin to it's influences, and the dull MCU color filter hurts it's visual potential. The movie had really good color schemes but they were diminished by marvels use of that same filter in every movie

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Awkwafina the fukkING WOAT was the worst part of the movie. What dirt does she have on Hollywood execs or rather what dirt has she done to get on like this??

The internet done tried to get her out the fukking paint at least 3 times now, even forcing her to make a babbling non statement and give a "apology" tweet. But to no avail.

Anyway how the fukk did she get 1to save the day in Shang Chi's movie??? Worse still they never even hinted that she had an aptitude for shooting arrows....they could have foreshadowed with playing darts on some shyt.

But NOPE she just randomly hits when it counts and saves everyone!

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Awkwafina the fukkING WOAT was the worst part of the movie. What dirt does she have on Hollywood execs or rather what dirt has she done to get on like this??

The internet done tried to get her out the fukking paint at least 3 times now, even forcing her to make a babbling non statement and give a "apology" tweet. But to no avail.

Anyway how the fukk did she get 1to save the day in Shang Chi's movie??? Worse still they never even hinted that she had an aptitude for shooting arrows....they could have foreshadowed with playing darts on some shyt.

But NOPE she just randomly hits when it counts and saves everyone!
i'm curious what her Q rating is :russ:

Great movie

Story was well told and the action was on point and we even got to see how the movie falls in line in the MCU with Shang meeting Wong

The mom’s fighting style is GOAT!
yep :myman:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just when I thought this movie couldn’t get worse they fukking bring in ben kingsley’s character from iron man 3…fukking “nice” :francis:

was hoping they would’ve taken a chance with this movie since it is a far lesser known IP…I’m not gonna act like I’m the biggest shang-chi fan but I still read some of the comics growing up so I was open-minded about this flick and at least looking forward to the fight scenes but even those have been subpar…and every marvel flick doesn’t fukking need comic relief or a goofy sidekick…like fukking enough now…they’re gonna completely running this fukking template into the ground smdh