Official Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was ok. Shang Chi was the wackest part of the movie

I also think this was the first movie where the marvel fatigue started setting in like "Ok I've seen this 15 times already". It's a very typical MCU origin movie

I also think marvel waters down what was supposed to be a movie akin to it's influences, and the dull MCU color filter hurts it's visual potential. The movie had really good color schemes but they were diminished by marvels use of that same filter in every movie

agreed at shang chi being the wackest part of the movie…I understand what they were going for and it is an origin story but still he was way too low key and given his training he still should’ve came off a little more battle-hardened especially since he’s obviously been keeping up with his training all that time…I’m gonna struggle watch this since I’m already halfway thru but I’m very disappointed so far

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the actor who played the father and of course michelle yeoh were the best part of the movie…michelle yeoh is like the asian angela bassett…just seems to grace every role she plays and continuously gets better with age lol

the few minutes with wong at the end and during the closing credits were better than the movie as a whole imo smh

anyway as I said in another thread…after ‘end game’, I understand MCU is gonna be on cruise control for a minute…hopefully they tighten shyt up when x-men drops in a few years

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shang Chi is one of the better Phase 4 films. Like its an actual good movie regardless of Marvel if that makes sense.
Mind if ask more about this? What would be an example of a good phase 4 vs a bad phase 4 film? (not counting shang chi)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Mind if ask more about this? What would be an example of a good phase 4 vs a bad phase 4 film? (not counting shang chi)

Phase 4 is trash. Shang Chi vibe is like an homage to Hong Kong action flicks + General old school Karate movies.

I was one who didnt give a flying fukk about the trailers or D&I angle before hand, but saw it as I wanted to see the tie in to the universe. This was a good movie on its own right even without the MCU stuff (and imo Phase 4 the universe building was its weak point).

The only knock I have is my general knock to Phase 4 as its a bunch of content that didnt have a strong tie in to the bigger picture, so I just chalk this up as a character intro. I dont see him being a major character in the future outside of the theories about the 6 rings and how it ties in to Kang.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I liked it better than Thor for sure.

for me Phase 4 rankings for movies
Spider Man > MOM > Shang Chi > Wakanda Forever
I only rank Shang Chi over Wakanda forever because I felt Shang Chi was a breath of fresh air + no T'Challa (Namor vs T'Challa would have made Wakanda Forever number 1 ranked).

everything else was fukking garbage.

For Shows
Loki > Wandavision > Falcon

everything else was fukking garbage

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Oh, can somebody tell me what Hong Kong Cinema the high rise scaffolding fight scenes is homage to?

The only other place I've seen it is "Sleeping Dogs" on the PS4 (that's an unsung GOAT level game right there)

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Wakanda Forever (people are just mad about strong female characters :umad: )
Shang Chi
Thor
Multiverse of madness
Black widow
Eternals

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
if Shang Chi toned down the cgi in some spots it would be a solid B+/A- to me but some of it is glaring
The ending specifically should've been him and his sister vs their father using the rings. They beat him, his sister says fukk those rings I don't need or want them, snd Shang takes them instead. No need for spirit dragon army craziness.