Official Royal Rumble 2021 Thread 1/31/21

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
They had Bianca, Naomi, Toni and Bayley out there at the same time. Vince 100% let a Coli poster format that Rumble, guy was on his :steviej: shyt. They even pulled out one of the OG wrestling PAWGs in Victoria :mjlol:.

The right woman won.

Men's Rumble was fun, I can't hate honestly :manny: I wanted Lashley to win though but the way he went out was a good look, it took 4 guys to take him out so you know he's a threat and you know he's a big deal.

Both Rumble matches were booked logically and played to the strengths of the winners. Bianca is an otherworldly athlete. That's all. She's just better and it's her time, you simply can't deny her. That moment comes in every sport where someone arrives who's just different and all you can do is hope to delay them. Bianca is that inevitable star for women's wrestling and the Rumble showcased that.

I'd put Edge's performance up there with Flair and Michaels 1. Honestly, it was booked excellently and he did his thing and it made sense putting him in at #1 and having him run the table and the way he did was great for him. He came back from a career ending neck injury, he worked and willed his way back for 9 years just so he can have 1 last moment, so he can live his dream out 1 last time. If anybody is going to scratch and claw from #1 to win the thing it's that guy. Even if his body isn't what it once was the Rumble is just as much a test of someone's timing and sheer will and desire. One thing the Edge character has always showcased from the TLC days to his main event run to his comeback is that he simply wants it more than everyone else and is willing to pay whatever price is necessary. He didn't dominate it like Brock because that's not him but he has a knack for being at the right place at the right time and he held on until the right time and in a Rumble all you need is one second and he managed to keep his wits about him until the last possible second.

If the WWE continues to handle him in this vein then the Edge character is actually a great litmus test for anyone standing across from him. You may be younger, bigger, stronger, faster than him but can you dig as deep? Some good stories and character changes could come from interacting someone who brings that to the table if Vince and them don't shyt the bed.

A show like last night's Rumble is the perfect example for why WWE is the Disney of professional wrestling and I don't mean it in an insulting way (this time). At their best they just know how to do the little things that create moments that other people (for whatever reason) just can't. Someone who's never watched or cared about wrestling before could watch these matches and see 2 people at completely opposite points of their careers put in performances in the Rumble that tell you everything you need to know about them and everything you need to know about the match.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
s92JhY.gif

Golf cart fukkery

:mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'd put Edge's performance up there with Flair and Michaels 1. Honestly, it was booked excellently and he did his thing and it made sense putting him in at #1 and having him run the table and the way he did was great for him.

what performance??

he sat on his ass thru almost the whole match. i kept forgetting he was even there.

show was too good up until that point. so i expected the WWE to pull some bullchit at the end.

They had Bianca, Naomi, Toni and Bayley out there at the same time. Vince 100% let a Coli poster format that Rumble, guy was on his :steviej: shyt. They even pulled out one of the OG wrestling PAWGs in Victoria :mjlol:.

yea.

i was hard as hell, ready to rock some bells thru that whole rumble.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
watching now

Goldberg/McIntyre is exactly what i thought it would be and i'm still disappointed.

Imagine Reigns/Rock being Reigns going for the spear...Rock turns it into a spinebuster...peoples elbow....1..2..kick out..another peoples elbow, another kickout...spear....kick out...spear...kick out...superman punch...superman punch...spear...1...2...3