Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:huhldup: I smell everything, I'd have to get up and run.

I think I don't leave my twist outs in long enough.. they always turn out different. Sometimes I'm :stylin: other times it's a ponytail day lol. are all of you completely natural, or is anyone transitioning still?

Are they completely dry when you take them down? Is there anything different in your routine when you twist? I'm natural I transitioned for 2 years...it was :damn::what::yeshrug:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
For some reason I've been obsessed with flowers lately. I guess it's because I saw a ton of sunflowers when I was visiting my uncle for the 4th. I should just buy some to get them outta my head, I've been looking at flowers all morning.

tumblr_m73rsiwIjl1qmxawco1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5m1jkyARy1r0juqyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m72xo4WxJC1qif70yo1_500.jpg

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I think I don't leave my twist outs in long enough.. they always turn out different. Sometimes I'm :stylin: other times it's a ponytail day lol. are all of you completely natural, or is anyone transitioning still?

I'm completely natural, but I cut all my hair off a few months ago.

A few things:

-How long are you letting your hair dry? If you have alot of hair you may need to may need to sit under the dry as well as let them air dry over night

-Use small twists. Part your hair in sections and do anywhere from 15-20 twists per quadrants and again let them dry all the way.

-Try re-twisting at night. No need to be neat with it, just grab some sections of hair and retwist. Slap on a bonnet and sleep

-Try braid outs as well. Do the same thing, part in 4 and braid. 10-15 braids per quadrant work well

-If your hair is long enough, try straw curls or use small rods. It's a pain in the butt, but curls can last a week if you use a bonnet at night to sleep. The first day you may not even like them but as they fall, you'll love it a little better plus you can style different sections by pinning them up or throwing on a headband

-Lastly, find a solid line of styling products. This is a completely sucky trial and error process but it's worth it to achieve the look you want.

Don't worry, it gets easier!!

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I'm a beginner, my hair got its last (possible) dose of creamy crack 3months ago. I took my bantu knots down this morning and was pleased with the result. I posted a pic in the ladies group.

Imma try and keep the heat to a minimum and keep trying diy protective styles I might be able to keep it up.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yay to all the natural hair gals! It does get better but you have to get over that "hump". I cut all my hair after being fully natural for about 2 years and I love it...I'm developing waves lol!!

I wanted to grow it back but I think I'll just wait another. I want to rock scullies and other fun hats in the Winter.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Phyllis Hyman was the most beautiful woman. I was watching a repeat of Unsung and I may have gotten a female boner.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
reading the responses on "there are no good women over 30 and single men over 30 do you date your age threads" have made me really nervous and really, really sad. :to:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
reading the responses on "there are no good women over 30 and single men over 30 do you date your age threads" have made me really nervous and really, really sad. :to:

Don't let it get to you. Most of the guys I know that are over 30 only date women over 30. Also, you don't have to date men your age when you're 30+, you could men that are 35+. For the men saying there are no good women over 30, how do they know? They haven't dated every woman over 30.

MsChungLee

NoMatterWhat Life Is Good
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica ✈ Florida
I'll post a picture of my hair later :sadbron:
For the wash and go its cute when it's wet and then when it dries one area at like the crown won't blend in and keep it together lol. I might try the dryer my hair is almost never completely dry..

At Tee I honestly don't think the guys mean what they say when they post on here and half the time they contradict themselves. In one thread they're saying they don't date older women and in another they're saying younger girls are only good to suck and fukk lol. No matter what the age quality guys want a woman that has it together :yeshrug:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch

Completely natural. Had my last relaxer August 16, 2009 (:to: I remember everything from that day).

It'll be 3 years next month!!!!!! :bryan: