Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What exactly is the piercing doing?

It's my off day and I'm feeling like oxtail stew with cabbage and cornbread for dinner :eat:

How many natural hair rules am I breaking by using blue magic indian hemp grease on my hair?

LOL Several. It has petroleum in it and that's 'posed to be bad for natural hair. It also has something else in it that's against the "rules" and I can't remember but shyt if it works don't even worry about it. Just be mindful of buildup and wash your hair with either black soap or spray it will some apple cider vinegar about once every week or so and you should be good.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
LOL Several. It has petroleum in it and that's 'posed to be bad for natural hair. It also has something else in it that's against the "rules" and I can't remember but shyt if it works don't even worry about it. Just be mindful of buildup and wash your hair with either black soap or spray it will some apple cider vinegar about once every week or so and you should be good.

I read on curlynikki.com that it can be used as a "sealant" for dry hair types and it works plus I use less of the shea moisture cream. I only use it once every couple of days anyway :yeshrug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read on curlynikki.com that it can be used as a "sealant" for dry hair types and it works plus I use less of the shea moisture cream. I only use it once every couple of days anyway :yeshrug:

I think all those "rules" are stupid and won't ever apply to every natural head in the world. As long as it works for you, then go ahead and use it. Since cutting my hair, I'm at a 3 product max but most days it's just 2. I swear by Shea Moisture products so I use one of their shampoos (I switch between the moisturizing, curling and thickening products) and I use the thickening lotion. Sometimes I use olive oil gel if I have flyaways.

Put less emphasis into the products and more into your diet. If your hair is dry drink more water or get some omega 3's into your system. A protein rich diet is good for your hair too. Some things the products will never offer and you'll spend a fortune trying to find the right one.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

aye you and RO should meet the gawd for drinks when I get back

also-- 2 chicks from Houston hollered at me on Blackpeoplemeet- I want to run their info by us in the off-chance you might know them or if you can tell me if where they live is the hood:ehh:

ANewClassic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I love this stuff....but hate the price :beli:
I'm so cheap when it comes to my hair :snoop:

tmMatrixBiolageHydraSealLeaveInCream85OunceBottle2BL.jpg

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
Lol, I have those little balls and use them sporadically, I'm so about to make that part of my getting ready in the morning routine

i went to a pleasure party and ordered some benwa's tryna to get my pelvic floor game up....when they arrived in the little pretty box i put it on the catch all console table and hit the bed...woke up the next morning and the damn box was knocked on the floor and the balls were gone

mayne...come to find out frosting (my oldest cat) hit me w/ the "no kegals for you mommy" on some fukk shyt and jacked them before i could even get to use them!

:hmm:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Co-signing to this. This stuff worked so well on my hair when I was natural but it is a lil expensive. I tried to use it again when I went back to relaxing (I don't have an ounce of patience) but it felt too heavy :-(

When I stopped relaxing it was never a concious thing, I just got sick of relaxing my hair for some reason but I do remember the struggle well.

I didn't do the big chop but after being natural about 2 years I decided to cut all my hair off (stress related) and now I'm struggling to grow it back. I don't know what's worse, the perm to natural struggle or this short hair not enough to do shyt with struggle. *sigh*

I really want to wear headscarves but I'm not sure how professional at work that would be. I could say I'm a Muslim an dare them to discriminate. :heh:

Lynn84

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Rainy ass Washington
When I stopped relaxing it was never a concious thing, I just got sick of relaxing my hair for some reason but I do remember the struggle well.

I didn't do the big chop but after being natural about 2 years I decided to cut all my hair off (stress related) and now I'm struggling to grow it back. I don't know what's worse, the perm to natural struggle or this short hair not enough to do shyt with struggle. *sigh*

I really want to wear headscarves but I'm not sure how professional at work that would be. I could say I'm a Muslim an dare them to discriminate. :heh:

I'd do it and walk around like I wish yall would say something :laugh:

That struggle ain't no joke. It sucks so bad especially with all the damn shrinkage :to:

I BD'ed on a whim and it was great until it started to get longer. Those damn knots, tangles, and the shrinkage was killing me! I just didn't have the patience for it (I'm lazy a.f) but I really miss it sometimes. I have been thinking about transitioning again but I just but I just bought a new thing of Mizani Butter Blend.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd do it and walk around like I wish yall would say something :laugh:

That struggle ain't no joke. It sucks so bad especially with all the damn shrinkage :to:

I BD'ed on a whim and it was great until it started to get longer. Those damn knots, tangles, and the shrinkage was killing me! I just didn't have the patience for it (I'm lazy a.f) but I really miss it sometimes. I have been thinking about transitioning again but I just but I just bought a new thing of Mizani Butter Blend.

LMAO!! Long hair, More care. I feel you. The more my hair grew, the longer it took to style and the longer it took to untangle. Maybe you can give it another go. Just find some styles that are easy to maintain for an extended period of time.

I used to do small twists and I kept them for weeks.

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted

I have a trillion scarves i wear to work when this baby fro is hittin a :usure: moment....go for it!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a trillion scarves i wear to work when this baby fro is hittin a :usure: moment....go for it!

LMAO!! that's exactly what my hair does.

"It's 99% humidity outside :usure: putting this durag on for an hour before you leave the house gonna lay these naps down all day?"

Nah, I'm not sure at all :sad: Can you post an example of what you'd wear? I really want to try it. On the weekends I do it with no problem.

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
LMAO!! that's exactly what my hair does.

"It's 99% humidity outside :usure: putting this durag on for an hour before you leave the house gonna lay these naps down all day?"

Nah, I'm not sure at all :sad: Can you post an example of what you'd wear? I really want to try it. On the weekends I do it with no problem.

honey...this to long to look sharp but too short to twist length is redic...i cant stand it and on days where my wash n go's dont quite shrink up like i'd prefer...i def wrap and def catch me rockin eva's style mostly...of course use a wide range of scarf prints to give it some flavor

tumblr_m7acspr6Le1rwr2q9o1_500.jpg