Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other people's kids are terrible. If ever you get to a point where you want your own you'll like your own kid much better, I promise. LOL!

But I won't front to I don't want to be THAT parent that chaperones on all the trips and volunteers for the PTA. Reason 5505640540410 I want to exit corporate america. I want to be availabe for all that type stuff.

See, my current position is with kids so it's not even that I don't like them. But my kids are 14+. Little kids/babies are not my thing.

Honestly, I'm 28 and I'm pretty sure I don't want a baby. I work with troubled/at-risk/special needs kids so I think I'd like to foster/adopt at some point instead of having an infant. They are pretty cute to look at, though.

No kids for awhile though. I'm a year out from finishing my 2nd Masters so that has to happen first! And I'd like to own a home.

Props to people who have kids. I just recently spent the whole weekend with my god-daughters (6 & 9) and I'm not about that mom life.

*listens to kids argue over the Wii remote*
*doubles up on her pill*

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Other people's kids are terrible. If ever you get to a point where you want your own you'll like your own kid much better, I promise. LOL!

But I won't front to I don't want to be THAT parent that chaperones on all the trips and volunteers for the PTA. Reason 5505640540410 I want to exit corporate america. I want to be availabe for all that type stuff.

I actually enjoy chaperoning field trips with my kids. I usually ask the teachers for a group of 5-6 kids plus my own and take em around myself instead of having to deal with 30-40 fukkin kids at the same time.

Happy birthday @KenyaDoll and @Binary :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Happy Birthday Binary

tumblr_ma486m0fhl1rrajmn.gif

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
Took a hot ass shower...now I'm laid out on the bed listening to NIGH'UH by my wouldabeencouldabeen @illadope *sigh*

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I decided to rock twist outs for the rest of the summer. To damn hot to rock my curls out.

Think I may go ahead and buy
21TCCrJnNdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I wish a twist out would work on my head :snoop: I end up looking a damn fool. Idk why but my hair just does not wanna cooperate when it comes to natural styles.

I have been rockin my hair straight for 2 weeks now and I miss my curls :to: I think ima wash this ish out this weekend and be curly for a few months. Need to give my hair a rest.

How long is your hair?:dwillhuh:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
I wish a twist out would work on my head :snoop: I end up looking a damn fool. Idk why but my hair just does not wanna cooperate when it comes to natural styles.

I have been rockin my hair straight for 2 weeks now and I miss my curls :to: I think ima wash this ish out this weekend and be curly for a few months. Need to give my hair a rest.

what's your hair type?

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!

It might be the products you're using; what do you use when you do twist outs?

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what's your hair type?

Like 4a/3c.? im guessing. but its soft and more wavy and frizzy than coily. I have some pics somewhere in this thread of my hair. But it comes out the scalp wavy and curls at the end. It's manageable, but I get bored with it. :snoop:

It might be the products you're using; what do you use when you do twist outs?

Last time I attempted it, I put my leave in, argan oil to seal, and I think thats it. I may have used a little gel or something (I dont remember) but it came out looking crazy. My braid outs are no different :sadbron:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Last time I attempted it, I put my leave in, argan oil to seal, and I think thats it. I may have used a little gel or something (I dont remember) but it came out looking crazy. My braid outs are no different :sadbron:
You need something with a little hold that will minimize frizz. Do you do your twists/braid outs from wet/damp hair or dry? That can also make a difference.

I always do mine from damp hair; I run a little EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel through it, seal with an oil of some sort, then twist/braid/etc. I think I have a pic of a bantu knot out in here somewhere.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You need something with a little hold that will minimize frizz. Do you do your twists/braid outs from wet/damp hair or dry? That can also make a difference.

wet. Maybe I should try on dry:dwillhuh:. Hmm.. Ima have to cop something to give me hold and stuff.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I need to get my :damn: locks done im wolfing something serious.

My hair so pretty doe who has waves on their lock roots :noah:

I love touching my hair !!

sometimes i wanna cut my hair and rock the waves or short and curly.

I cant grow a bush doe :scusthov: my hair is curly at the roots then it gets super straight :facepalm:

Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

^^^ best gif ever thanks @Lewis Black

ANewClassic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Resident Lesbian , Let me play in yo locks :youngsabo:

I feel like doing something diff with my hair but I can't decide what yet...

Happy Birthday @KenyaDoll & @Binary :hug:

Libra Lady

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On the Edge of Glory
I'm annoyed. So I am looking through my recent online purchases that I received and all is going well until I get to the dinnerware set that I got from Walmart.com (link below)- not one, hell not even two but all four of the dinner plates are broken! :smh:

Ten Strawberry Street Simply White Round 16-Piece Dinnerware Set - Walmart.com

One would think with all of the extra cardboard, triangle protection ish they put in the box all would be copacetic but nope. I will be getting my replacement set but still it's annoying. *sigh*

Lynn84

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Rainy ass Washington
That moment when you spend days studying for a test only to get a 75

:damn::sadbron::deadmanny:

I was seriously sitting up there looking like WTF I don't remember a damn thang. Da hell is going on here! Oh well, at this point I'm just glad I passed that mf'er :stylin: