Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have a crappy "degree" that will get me no where. I have no skills to get a good job. I have no money to start my own business. I'm screwed.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I have a crappy "degree" that will get me no where. I have no skills to get a good job. I have no money to start my own business. I'm screwed.

You're not bound by your degree.

You have lots of skills, you just have to discover them. Learn more about yourself.

Worry about identifying, utilizing, and profiting from your skills before you start a business.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius

Military? Or look for a "trainee" position. And it's never to late to look for an internship to give you experience as well as (possibly) a career opportunity after you graduate. Also there's teach for America or you can go oversees an teach depending on what your degree is in.

Have faith. There are people with useful degrees like accounting, chemistry, engineering who's underemployed and unemployed also. It's a hard market with a lot of companies looking for both a degree and experience. But trust someone will give you a chance :smile:

Keep your head

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're not bound by your degree.

You have lots of skills, you just have to discover them. Learn more about yourself.

Worry about identifying, utilizing, and profiting from your skills before you start a business.

I want to open a bakery, so I have been making and selling cakes here and there, but I don't know how to make it a consistent thing.

Military? Or look for a "trainee" position. And it's never to late to look for an internship to give you experience as well as (possibly) a career opportunity after you graduate. Also there's teach for America or you can go oversees an teach depending on what your degree is in.

Have faith. There are people with useful degrees like accounting, chemistry, engineering who's underemployed and unemployed also. It's a hard market with a lot of companies looking for both a degree and experience. But trust someone will give you a chance :smile:

Keep your head

Military is a definite no for me. I have a internship in the summer. so hopefully a job comes from that. I'm just paranoid because I don't want to work for someone else for the rest of my life.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
For those who don't won't to spend $8+ every 2 weeks getting your brows done. I'm going to try this :smile:

I do the same thing except I tweeze. Line them up first, then remove the strays.
You are already ahead of the curve because you have a degree. It shows employees that you are hardworking and can actually complete goals.

You are also young, you have time to develop skills. Skills are like a muscle, you build them up whereas talent is what you're born with. Most talented people never develop their talent into an expert level. The ones that do worked to get there about 10,000 hours.

Work on yourself. Raising your self esteem, emotional stability, knowing yourself (likes dislikes/preferences), expand your thinking by doing research and experiencing new things. it's totally normal to have doubts, and anxiety but you must learn how to control it and not let things control you.

I wish had a degree. Instead, my resume shows I have worked for years in a field in multiple jobs, most of the time for only 6 months, with little to no growth. On paper, that could mean that I am unstable, unreliable, and possibly not qualified for a job that invests in training it's employees long-term. There are tons of people especially in this day and age, not working in the same field their degree is in, the important part is can you do the job and get the work done.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@ChocolateQueen my bad. I owed you this MONTHS ago.

rihanna_S.png
rihanna_B.png

@Paradise Road imma work on the ones you sent me weeks ago.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
My paper on racial profiling of immigrants in the Canadian justice system is gonna be lit.

…when I eventually write it :francis: