Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@daria @Meh @Poitier
Yall ever have attacks while driving? How do/did you handle it?

When I first started driving I was nervous about being in the car alone, but I wouldn't call it a full out attack. I would suggest pulling over (if you're able to) in order to talk yourself down.

Also try to steer from unfamiliar routes.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
When I first started driving I was nervous about being in the car alone, but I wouldn't call it a full out attack. I would suggest pulling over (if you're able to) in order to talk yourself down.

Also try to steer from unfamiliar routes.
So here's what happened...

Im good driving by myself. But I've had my license for less than a week and people keep telling me to follow them. First my mom, which I posted above previously and then last night, my boyfriend did it too.

His job is paying for him to stay at a hotel. So when he gave me an address, I put it in the GPS and it was like a shopping center with a gas station and a Holiday Inn. So I got there safely, went to Taco Bell drive-thru and parked in the hotel lot.

After I told him, I was there. He told me to meet him at the gas station. So.. Im already parked (facing out) so I didnt want to move my car and lose my spot. So I asked him if this was the right hotel? Does he want me to walk over there or take the car? He says, *sigh* "just come to the gas station." :beli: So I finally drive over there. He wanted to use his card to give me gas since I asked for gas money. (He could've just said so, but that's how he is. :rudy:)

So then he tells me to follow him. This is when I started getting anxious, because I have to keep up with him and mind you it's dark and late and just finished raining. Then we pull up to his hotel parking lot and he zooms in and parks. The lot looks small and dark so I'm worried I wont find a spot. The first spot I see is next to a truck (kinda like a U-Haul van). I tried to turn into it, but I turned in too tight and I started feeling claustrophobic and trapped in because I didnt want to hit anyone, and I couldn't get out :merchant:, so I panicked and ended up scraping the side of my car on the truck. :damn:

Luckily, there was no damage to the van/truck :whew: , but my car is damaged. I don't care as long as it runs so I'm good.:yeshrug: But that messed up my night a bit and I didn't sleep.

This is why I'm a loner - because I trust myself but when I start interacting with other people, I doubt myself and get anxious.

I have to remember to stop and breathe and think and ask for help if need be. I'm better now. I just took it as a learning opportunity,

Last edited:

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:sadcam:I was so scared of driving in the dark that I avoided it the first 2 months. I can only imagine how you felt when you hit the car :hug:.

This is why I'm a loner - because I trust myself but when I start interacting with other people, I doubt myself and get anxious.

I have to remember to stop and breathe and think and ask for help if need be. I'm better now. I just took it as a learning opportunity,

This basically sums me up.

I'm working on the asking for help part. I'm used to doing things and getting over things alone that I feel uncomfortable asking for help :snoop:.

Last edited:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
:ohlawd:
24366099884_693e88288a_h.jpg

He's not so cute... But...

This is why I watch... All that dayum man on one screen:ohlawd:

tumblr_nxqksp0DZX1trlz9bo1_250.gif

tumblr_njhadvDAUv1rts3y5o1_500.gif

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Being stressed out over following someone is very normal, I'd say. You not only have to worry about keeping up with the other driver, but you still have to be aware and cautious of your driving methods and others.

It took me a while to get used to the structure of roads but once I got it down navigating became easier and it may take a while, depending how often you drive, but it'll come to you eventually. The first two years that I drove was in Hawaii but I didn't learn shyt because you can literally drive the whole of Oahu on one long road. When I got back to Texas tho :merchant:

I also stress out more when someone is criticizing my driving while I'm driving. Back when I still sucked at it, my brother used to yell at me while sitting in the passenger side. That didn't help my nerves and it almost* made me crash into a bus. Blind spots are still a bytch but you learn as you get into the minor bumps and scrapes.

Thankfully I've never had any huge accidents, the worst I've done is back up out of a driveway and bump the back of my other neighbor's truck backing out. It messed up his bumper and that was a straight $600 check out of my pocket goddamn :ohlawd: I learned my lesson real quick from that.

But scrapes and dents are going to happen, it doesn't matter who you are, it happens-- you just gotta hope and pray the other has a type of insurance coverage that takes care of it without needing to dive into your wallet :ufdup: