Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Is that your situation now?

I can't even allow myself to do that in a relationship. Dont ever think I'd even come close to screaming at someone im with.

Heck no! The Mr and I don't play that.

I'm big on communication and respect, so the topic of conflicts and disagreements was brought up very early on.

But I know of someone who is going through that now, as well as people who have gone through it. The fights are horrible and they are outright disrespectful to each other. I couldn't imagine some of these things being said to me, or me saying that to someone. Cops have been called at times. I would prefer to be single than to constantly be at war.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did she push you to try to get you to yell first??
Yup, until one day she was just like I hate that you dont get mad and just yell, it pisses me off so bad. So I kinda laughed at that point and she damn near went through the roof. I can think of maybe 2 or 3 times in 5 years where I raised my voice not even yell or scream.... and every single time I think she felt at ease afterwards.

Sad but true.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
Me & my husband tryna work shyt out with eachother because I previously told him I want a divorce. He said he wants us to work things out and prove that we should be and stay together.

So I've been waiting...

And still waiting...

So we had this conversation this morning about how couples don't put in any efforts into eachother once they are in a relationship. He says females always expecting the guy to pamper them and "surprise" them but never the other way around. That the effort in that is a two way street.
I told him in our relationship it has been a one way street too. I was the one who sent out people to his job to surprise him with gifts, flowers and one of those fruity bouquet. I was the one who randomly give him gifts like clothes and shoes that I would see him drool over. On our last anniversary I planned and paid for us to go kayaking, took a ferry out on the ocean and out to eat on the beach.
His response was "when you go to an interview for a job do you continue to go to work as if you're going to that interview?" That actually made me feel.. off. I don't know how to feel about that to be honest.

Yep, been there. I just treat him how I would like to be treated.

I only do treats for both to enjoy now and I buy my own presents...

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets