Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Two weeks ago maybe my daughter asked to make a key lime cake. It was basically a box of cake mix with lime jello and some other stuff added. We also did a lime cream cheese frosting from scratch that turned out delicious. Today she wanted to try again but we only had orange jello. So we used a box of lemon cake mix, orange jello and orange juice in the cake. Added orange zest to the frosting we had left over and I think this the combo is going to be wonderful. The house smells good. If I could get the cake mix from scratch on point, we may have a winner with this whole adding jello thing. For dinner I'm doing baked salmon with roasted green beans. I'm going to sleep very happy.

Ello_Vee

Pro
Daps
Two weeks ago maybe my daughter asked to make a key lime cake. It was basically a box of cake mix with lime jello and some other stuff added. We also did a lime cream cheese frosting from scratch that turned out delicious. Today she wanted to try again but we only had orange jello. So we used a box of lemon cake mix, orange jello and orange juice in the cake. Added orange zest to the frosting we had left over and I think this the combo is going to be wonderful. The house smells good. If I could get the cake mix from scratch on point, we may have a winner with this whole adding jello thing. For dinner I'm doing baked salmon with roasted green beans. I'm going to sleep very happy.
What time is dinner so I can be on time?

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
That's sweet that you two cook together...

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
6pm

Thank you! We've been watching kids baking competition and chopped kids so she's very inspired. I'm signing her up for a baking class in March.
I want to be that type of parent that actually does stuff with their kids. I still need to learn a bit more patience though because my niece called me mean one day because I wouldn't let her throw my stuff around. :lolbron:

Paradise

Daps
Thank you! We've been watching kids baking competition and chopped kids so she's very inspired. I'm signing her up for a baking class in March.
That's awesome that you nurture the things that she is interested in. I bet she keeps you busy...

Paradise

Daps
I want to be that type of parent that actually does stuff with their kids. I still need to learn a bit more patience though because my niece called me mean one day because I wouldn't let her throw my stuff around. :lolbron:
What's mean about that? You didn't want her to break your things.

I'm the total opposite. I need to learn how to be mean...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMAO! That's not being mean at all. Children stay trying to tear up someone's stuff that they didn't pay for.

That's awesome that you nurture the things that she is interested in. I bet she keeps you busy...
Indeed she does but I'm a boring person really so she's the only reason I socialize. If it weren't for her I'd be in the house in a ratty pair of sweats watching re-runs or something.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
What's mean about that? You didn't want her to break your things.

I'm the total opposite. I need to learn how to be mean...

LMAO! That's not being mean at all. Children stay trying to tear up someone's stuff that they didn't pay for.

Indeed she does but I'm a boring person really so she's the only reason I socialize. If it weren't for her I'd be in the house in a ratty pair of sweats watching re-runs or something.

She's a mess. She even told my mom to come pop me for it.