Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't worn sneakers in years. I don't feel like I look feminine in them. I went to Models and saw some cute ones. I think I will try and look for an inexpensive pair.

I rarely wear sneaks for that same reason but I recently bought a pair of Nike Rosh.
b5764cece825dc82e3384ba51203896b.jpg
They're very comfy (feels like i'm walking on a cloud :noah:) and come in all sorts of colours.

Spike Tarantino

Esposa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Filfee Nasteh Duddy Souf
I haven't worn sneakers in years. I don't feel like I look feminine in them. I went to Models and saw some cute ones. I think I will try and look for an inexpensive pair.

Shawty...:lupe:

Let me minister to you if I may:

Top Picks For Inexpensive Sneakers: Chuck Taylors & Vans - So many colors:wow:

Tips:
  • If sneakers don't make you feel feminine or sexy, you either have the wrong pair on, or you just aren't a sneaker girl, and that's OK too. Invest in a pair of Gel Asics or something and keep it to workouts only. You still bossmade:win:
  • Sneakers are supposed to be comfortable, if you put on a pair and they squeeze or pinch, or don't come in your size, leave it be. Nothing worse than being artificially pigeon-toed over hype:aicmon:
  • To start, I always advocate going for older models that have been around for a while: Nike Blazers, Adidas Shelltoes, Reebok Classics in fun/updated colors and fabrics. You will eventually hit on a style that you want in multiples:banderas:
  • As with anything, try different brands and models until you know. If sneakers are meant for you, you'll know.
  • A problem I encountered when I first started building my sneaker closet was incorporating what I bought into my wardrobe. **Neutral Colors** help with that. Your blacks, browns, greys will blend a little better and give you more options than a VOLT colored pair of sneakers you could only find one shirt to match it.
  • On another note about incorporating sneakers into your wardrobe: High, Low, Mid, they all look different depending on your clothing. Do you like to pinroll your jeans? Could you tie your jewelry into the color scheme/metal tones? How often do you wear skirts? Do you wear cropped pants/shorts? How many tops do you have to tie in the casual/athletic look of the shoe?How do you feel about skinny/slim/regular/relaxed jeans?
  • Try them bytches on, ALWAYS. A size 8 isn't always a size 8 across models and brands. Only when buying multiples do I know for sure without trying them on.

But if you aren't trying to get heavy, I just hope you have lots of fun, and only get what you like.

Remember: You deserve to feel like a million bucks in flip flops:obama:

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Shawty...:lupe:

Let me minister to you if I may:

I definitely don't want to build a closet full of sneakers. I just want one pair that looks good and I can wear with almost anything casual. Last pair of sneakers I owned wear cheap ones for the gym and before that was white Uptowns YEARS ago when they were hot.

I wear skirts a few times a month when out socializing.

Thanks for the post. I'm going to look into your suggestions.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok so I ordered 8 (I thought it was 6 but clearly I over did it) dresses, none of them have come yet and the wedding is tomorrow. They all said they would be here today but I'm afraid to check again because it may have changed and then I'll be pissed and I would just rather think they are coming today.

Things are all falling apart at once and it's making me sad. Just a general sadness that I can't seem to shake and I wish I could just be alone for like 5 days and not have to talk to anyone while I map out my next moves because I can't think logically in this type of funk. With that said, I've been still keeping up with my marathon training although very reluctantly. The other morning I probably cried for 2 miles straight.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
When do you get paid again?
whenever a job comes my way.
as of right now i'm mainly depending on my friends :snoop:

God, just give me one break. I know i've been on some bullshyt...but anything would be great right now

ETA: i've also managed to worry myself sick. Probably could be what i've been eating (ramen noodles), but what started as a slight tingle in the throat has become a full blown sore throat, fever, shakes (and/or chills), body pain and all round exhaustion. :mjcry: *wails in agony*

please don't mind me. I just need a place to let it out.

Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whenever a job comes my way.
as of right now i'm mainly depending on my friends :snoop:

God, just give me one break. I know i've been on some bullshyt...but anything would be great right now

ETA: i've also managed to worry myself sick. Probably could be what i've been eating (ramen noodles), but what started as a slight tingle in the throat has become a full blown sore throat, fever, shakes (and/or chills), body pain and all round exhaustion. :mjcry: *wails in agony*

please don't mind me. I just need a place to let it out.
Damn. Do you have pay pal? I can send you some money. Won't be life changing but you can buy some medicine and a few cans of soup.