Official Queen & Slim Thread

Geode

All Star
Daps
The lead actress is a black brit too? One would have to be living under a rock not to know about the "Get out" guy.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I'm sick of these types of movies. I want black sci-fi, black mystery, black adventure or just anything outside of the stereotypes.
I do too. I actually yearn for it but I’m not sure if any are in the making. Somebody need to call up Tyler Perry studios.

I could use some Afro-inspired high fantasy.

391bf4ce5caeb9ca8ef686dd7a6e5bc9.jpg
8232f01f2f19337396792998ca9d5d6c.jpg
tumblr_p7do82sDIP1v0l7ifo1_400.jpg

fantasy-illustration-african-giant-marcus-greene.jpg
afro.jpg
I’m really into shyt like this. But alas....there’s a paucity of it in Hollyweird.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lmao lowkey I be watching these sci-fi/fantasy movies/shows like "ya'll worried about getting the stone of alabcor, I'm up here trying to figure out what happen to all the black folks:dwillhuh:"

9 seasons into the show you see a black person in the background you like "YOOOOO SPEAK TO THAT MAN HE MIGHT KNOW SOMETHING:damn:"

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Have you seen TLR this past year?
Didn’t think it extended to Hollywood. We watch white British and Aussie actors all the time. Don’t know why we wouldn’t do the same with blk actors.

Chris Hemsworth or Thor is a foreign actor, it’s a shyt ton of Canadian actors as well. I’m pretty simple. I see blks represented and I click. Pretty sure foreign blks support American blks in Hollywood.

I mean Black Panther is allegedly a fantasy African character played by a whole African American.

I won’t even get into Will Smith’s “tell DE TRUFE” African accent in Concussion...lmao!:russ:
But ya’ll educating me on this stuff. Interesting perspectives.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Lmao lowkey I be watching these sci-fi/fantasy movies/shows like "ya'll worried about getting the stone of alabcor, I'm up here trying to figure out what happen to all the black folks:dwillhuh:"

9 seasons into the show you see a black person in the background you like "YOOOOO SPEAK TO THAT MAN HE MIGHT KNOW SOMETHING:damn:"
I won’t even start my rant on the absence of blk presence in high fantasy, even tho African folktales provide some of the richest ore for speculative fiction.

I stopped reading fantasy b/c I got tired of white characters.