Official Queen & Slim Thread

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
not every movie has a deep ass message, if anything people skimmed over the aspects on touching on love

I think it was fine for what it was to be honest, simpe bonnie & clyde story with black folk

I dunno, I can't imagine she'll make the same movie with the same message but with a gay couple. This movie low key defends cops and tell us other black people are the problem, not whites.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I dunno, I can't imagine she'll make the same movie with the same message but with a gay couple. This movie low key defends cops and tell us other black people are the problem, not whites.
What was the movie about? I’ve seen the trailer and commercials. But it was vague. I guess they were wrongly accused of killing a cop?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
What was the movie about? I’ve seen the trailer and commercials. But it was vague. I guess they were wrongly accused of killing a cop?
He killed the cop in self-defense but it was entirely avoidable.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched this film and for me, the ending is tied WOAT with jungle fever

I feel bamboozled

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Just watched this movie I missed the hype a year ago and never caught it.

This shyt is trash a cash grab it actually bothered me a lot.

The dialogue was kinda weak throughout the movie honestly Kaluuya and shawty didn't seem to have an organic chemistry on screen.

Also, that shyt is very obvious that both these actors are not American. I already knew Kaluuya wasn't but I wasn't familiar with the actress and to no surprise she is British.

:mjlol: at him giving that cac in the convenience store the gun he should have yoked him up by the collar and put the glock in his mouth and told him fill up my tank but I see Slim character was written as a slow dude.

Bokeem was tacky as hell in that fake ass Gucci and I know this nikka Slim was hot in the velour sweatsuit. :mjlol:

The scene with the fat boy and his pops was some bullshyt out of place, caricature shyt it pretty much served no purpose but to provide cheap laughs.

Literally none of this had to happen that bytch escalated the situation and was performative as hell (this whole movie was).

Smfh at that kid bodying the black cop who took his mask off and looked at this boy humanly and then getting killed himself I mean what was that shyt?

The end with NOI dude selling bean pies outside the church ohh the symbolism :shaq2:

I guess it's a well put together movie and "relevant" and the cinematography and soundtrack is cool but the entire premise of this film seems to be capitalizing on a moment in history. Bonnie & Clyde in a BLM lens.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Still would like to know what the significance of the black kid shooting the black cop that was clearly trying to keep him out of trouble was, on top of Queen and Slim bustin' each other down while that happened :mjlol:

EDIT: and the white bytch sure did shoot Queen fast :mjpls::mjpls:

Last edited:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Still would like to know what the significance of the black kid shooting the black cop that was clearly trying to keep him out of trouble was, on top of Queen and Slim bustin' each other down while that happened :mjlol:

EDIT: and the white bytch sure did shoot Queen fast :mjpls::mjpls:

:picard: Breh the fukk was up with mixing the sex and the kid shooting the cop

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, but once you really look at closely there was a bunch of :pachaha: moments

unrealistic but I wish they would’ve been able to fly away :to: