Official PS5 launch and game discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's okay. It starts off kind of slow and dull imo. A bit kiddy too. After the first world or so it gets better and the levels start to get more exciting. I like it.

does it compare to astro bot in the sense of providing that nintendo-esque feeling during gameplay?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
does it compare to astro bot in the sense of providing that nintendo-esque feeling during gameplay?
My issue with it is I don't like how slow the character moves and the voice they gave to sackboy makes the game feel really kiddy. Gameplay wise it can ramp up to Nintendo like quality games in certain levels. One level has a Bruno Mars song that goes along with the level which was cool but so far it's been super easy. It's not bad by any means though as I saw some reviews say it starts off kind of slow but gets much better after the first two worlds or so.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just finished life is strange 1 and 2 since there are not many games of interest on the PS5 yet ( i did astro boy, bugsnacks and COD) ..i didnt realize this game was good, I was bored 2 weeks ago and did a search for games similar to Detroit Becomes Human and it was 3.99 for part 1 series and 9.99 for part 2, best 15 dollars spent in a while

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i just finished life is strange 1 and 2 since there are not many games of interest on the PS5 yet ( i did astro boy, bugsnacks and COD) ..i didnt realize this game was good, I was bored 2 weeks ago and did a search for games similar to Detroit Becomes Human and it was 3.99 for part 1 series and 9.99 for part 2, best 15 dollars spent in a while

You should get until dawn

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My issue with it is I don't like how slow the character moves and the voice they gave to sackboy makes the game feel really kiddy. Gameplay wise it can ramp up to Nintendo like quality games in certain levels. One level has a Bruno Mars song that goes along with the level which was cool but so far it's been super easy. It's not bad by any means though as I saw some reviews say it starts off kind of slow but gets much better after the first two worlds or so.
Now a level I'm playing has this

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

man I just seen this is only a 5 hour game...60 too much for that
? Idk why that site(How long to beat) is saying 5 hours, I've seen it as 12 to 16 hours with up to 25 for everything.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure review | TechRadar

between 12 hours and 16 hours

Duration: This game will take between 12 hours and 16 hours to complete.
Sackboy A Big Adventure Game - PS4 and PS5 - Parents Guide - Family Video Game Database.

I'm 4 hours in and I'm only on the second world and 15% of trophies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo am I tripping or did Miles Morales used to skip the intro splash screens and go straight to the main menu? I notice now loading it up goes through the PS Studios logo, Insomniac and Marvel logo.

Edit:Looked up online and it's a bug. I knew it wasn't like that all the time. I'm like what's the point in activity cards if it goes straight to the logo screens anyway.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo am I tripping or did Miles Morales used to skip the intro splash screens and go straight to the main menu? I notice now loading it up goes through the PS Studios logo, Insomniac and Marvel logo.

Edit:Looked up online and it's a bug. I knew it wasn't like that all the time. I'm like what's the point in activity cards if it goes straight to the logo screens anyway.

It did it for me the first time and didn’t aftewards so i thought it might have been a first time boot deal