[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
In the ghost of tsushima example i gave if most certainly wasn't better but people still insisted on it
To me it sounds more like a preference than it really sounding better.
Same way people always claim the female voice actor is better when you can make your character male or female.
In the game midnight suns the female voice actor was trash, probably the worst i've ever heard, the male voice was actually pretty good though, and yet people still clung to "i prefer the female voice" trope.
I've heard barrett wallace's japanese voice actor for this game and he is inferior to english one. Haven't heard to others to judge though
I'm mostly with you here, cept the Midnight Suns example, lol.

Yeah, ain't no way Barret sounds better in Japanese. English cast is really good in this game. Even Cloud VA has that stoic, tried hard nuance down to perfection.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Yeah, ain't no way Barret sounds better in Japanese. English cast is really good in this game. Even Cloud VA has that stoic, tried hard nuance down to perfection.
Why not? she sounded like she was from the 21st century. The male guy at least had a puritan accent.
plus she was flat out bad at acting, the voice actress was a super model who got her first ever acting role. sounded like cara delevinge with a deeper voice

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

SE is generally an outlier in that their eng dubs are fine. Most other studios shyt is trash in comparison

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Capcom and From have good dubs also.
I was just about to say this, lol. Add also Atlus. fukking Troy Baker been putting in work for them with Persona series. That's a series that is fully in Japan for sure, but I'm fine with the English VAs there as well as they always go for the best too. Troy as Kanji in 4, while the Japanese VAs are also great there, the all the agnsty humor and inflections Troy brought to the character was too entertaining.