[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I thought FF7 Remake can transfer my saved data from the Final Fantasy 7 Remake into Rebirth. Mean you have to sarting completely a fresh with none of the weapons, gear, Materia or character levels I earned in Remake breh :why: it makes no damn.

Edited: Okay, I only get bonus items from my saved data from Leviathan summoning material in Remake and Ramuh summoning in Materia. But still!
Probably for balancing reasons and an improvement over the system overall. They probably figured if you carried everything over, levels and all, you'd be cooking a good percentage of the game with little difficulty.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to change the voice-over from English to Japanese but it was still English however it said Japanese on the voice-over but spoke English language in this game. I want a Japanese voice-over

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I thought FF7 Remake can transfer my saved data from the Final Fantasy 7 Remake into Rebirth. Mean you have to sarting completely a fresh with none of the weapons, gear, Materia or character levels I earned in Remake breh :why: it makes no damn.

Edited: Okay, I only get bonus items from my saved data from Leviathan summoning material in Remake and Ramuh summoning in Materia. But still!
Breh you think they gonna let us start the game with the damn gatterdamnrug

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
nikka I was asking which one we were at! Got damn how hard of a question was it that I asked? The guy above you answered but damn man. Reading comprehension!

Yeah but that guy is employed by Sony, and contractually obligated to promote any Sony biz on these forums :manny:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do you speak Japanese tho?
Some people like to do it for "immersion" or "authenticity"
low key pretentious imo unless they game was actually designed for Japanese lip syncing .
When its designed with japanese lip syncing it looks better have the native voice actors and english subtitles.
But a lot of these games are clearly designed for english. Ghost of Tsushima for example characters were clearly modeled after the english voice actors and they had to release a patch after its release to correct the lip syncing for japanese because the characters were still clearly mouthing the words in english.
People still insist on using JP dubs even though it was clearly inferior

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Some people like to do it for "immersion" or "authenticity"
low key pretentious imo unless they game was actually designed for Japanese lip syncing .
When its designed with japanese lip syncing it looks better have the native voice actors and english subtitles.
But a lot of these games are clearly designed for english. Ghost of Tsushima for example characters were clearly modeled after the english voice actors and they had to release a patch after its release to correct the lip syncing for japanese because the characters were still clearly mouthing the words in english.
Nah, it's not low key, but high key pretentious, lol. It's one thing if the setting is definitively and inherently Japanese, like the Yakuza games, Ghost of Tsushima or Demon Slayer. But when it's otherwise not and/or even more westernized in scope like it is here, it's like....come.on breh. This ain't 1990 where English voice actors didn't take gaming seriously. Your point about the voice syncing is crucial as well to the silliness of this faux Otaku-ism craze. It's like cats peep game that their gourmet cheeseburger was made by a Japanese man, so they "need" to eat it with chopsticks....for posterity. :comeon:

nikkas just want Barret to be referred to as "Kun". :mjpls: