[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don’t even understand how multiple discs work these days. Do you have to install the other disc halfway into the game?
I'd assume that you'd install 1 disc to start the game, and then the game will play until a logical stopping point and tell you to install disc 2 and put it in, the save data would transfer. The digital download would also be in 2 parts, similar to call of duty's modular install data.

That's the best and most effective way to do it IMO. Worst case scenario we'd have to install 2 discs just to play the game and have both disc's worth of system data stuck on the PS5 until you decide not to play anymore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd assume that you'd install 1 disc to start the game, and then the game will play until a logical stopping point and tell you to install disc 2 and put it in, the save data would transfer. The digital download would also be in 2 parts, similar to call of duty's modular install data.

That's the best and most effective way to do it IMO. Worst case scenario we'd have to install 2 discs just to play the game and have both disc's worth of system data stuck on the PS5 until you decide not to play anymore.

That sounds nuts in 2024 :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The first Remake was two discs if I remember.

Apparently last of us part 2 was also. Thats how long i been out the disc game i guess :yeshrug:

sddefault.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yall don’t know how double disc games work in the modern day?:dahell:
You’re going to install the data disc and then after that you only need to use the second play disc. It’s been like this since the 360 era.:dahell:

Honestly cannot remember the last time i bought a double disc game:manny: