[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still on Chapter 7...I really hope I get to beat Hojo's ass at some point. Dude's face is just annoying.

Just got to the part where you switch to Zack. I'm still a little confused on the timeline of when this is supposed to take place...is this five years ago? Been too long since I finished the first part I guess, I forgot some of the story. :heh:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What was the point of keeping him alive after the plate falling if you just gonna kill him off later off screen in an optional side quest? They've been kinda goofy with the softening of the deaths in this remake series vs the original. Didn't even know what happened to him until i started my new game plus playthrough

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What was the point of keeping him alive after the plate falling if you just gonna kill him off later off screen in an optional side quest? They've been kinda goofy with the softening of the deaths in this remake series vs the original. Didn't even know what happened to him until i started my new game plus playthrough

yeah they should have just had him die in the plates fell

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Probably the same ordeal as the Cait Sith sacrifice/return in OG: To coax players to the idea that Aerith won't actually die.
Showing that a side character could initially survive their death could bait players into thinking Aerith would be saved this time around.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Probably the same ordeal as the Cait Sith sacrifice/return in OG: To coax players to the idea that Aerith won't actually die.
Showing that a side character could initially survive their death could bait players into thinking Aerith would be saved this time around.
Which is totally fine, but it should have been part of the main story instead of hidden behind a minigame that people say aren’t requirements to complete

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just hit the corel region area after leaving Costa Del Sol. The outer world area is beautiful again :wow: Squeenix hasn't disappointed me yet.

You know what would be a game changer for the next title? Day/night time cycles with some weather when you're out in the open area region. It would probably require some adjusting of some missions but it'd be dope if we could see these areas in a different TOD.