[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
damn i just lost like a whole evenings worth of progress 🤬

Edit——-

Ok, i didn’t but i still lost like 20-30 minutes. I got bodied by the “white terror” sidequest boss and i chose reload the last checkpoint because I’m probably underleveled for it and it put me back at the last main quest before I started clearing the map and doing sidequest.

Luckily the latest autosave was way more recent :whew:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this game is great but I see the (visual) weaknesses.

If I'm being honest, I think this was originally a cross gen game and/or many of the assets started as PS4 assets.
I also feel they were working around the weaknesses of Unreal Engine 4 which are the very weaknesses
that Unreal Engine 5 is designed to address.
Bad/Flat lighting, Small Environments, not being able to throw around a ton of polygons, low resolution textures etc.
These are largely the result of the technology being used IMO.

Rebirth also has super aggressive LOD which is jarring given how much more performant the PS5 is than a PS4.

Several dumb comments online have attributed this to the PS5 being "weak" but I think it's more a case of technology that's
really old, really showing how old it is.

With that said, when the tech shines, it REALLY shines and the character models are a cut above what's available in most other titles.
The light (that isn't baked) is also really, really good. Some scenes are lit phenomenally!
I love the motion blur too.

Gameplay wise it's taken some very clear inspiration from Assassin's Creed and The Witcher III.
Kind of amazing that these two games have influences which are still felt in 2024.

Superstar
Daps
Damn. We waited nine years since the announcement of the remake to finally see the world map :wow:

haha-davis.gif

:mjcry:If you told us, in 1997, that our imaginations would one day be made real….
football-tears.gif

crying.gif

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I felt like Snoop knocking down the lil homie's fort when I knocked down that Queens Blood girl's box fence.

The Grasslands looks like when I first stepped in Asgard in GoW Ragnarok

:russ: at Bill thinking we were asking for a place to have an orgy.

The Choccobo trap beat caught me off guard

Aerirth out here acting like a homewrecker. Cloud looked at her like "bytch don't tell my main chick what we be doing :dwillhuh:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I feel like this game is great but I see the (visual) weaknesses.

If I'm being honest, I think this was originally a cross gen game and/or many of the assets started as PS4 assets.
I also feel they were working around the weaknesses of Unreal Engine 4 which are the very weaknesses
that Unreal Engine 5 is designed to address.
Bad/Flat lighting, Small Environments, not being able to throw around a ton of polygons, low resolution textures etc.
These are largely the result of the technology being used IMO.

Rebirth also has super aggressive LOD which is jarring given how much more performant the PS5 is than a PS4.

Several dumb comments online have attributed this to the PS5 being "weak" but I think it's more a case of technology that's
really old, really showing how old it is.

With that said, when the tech shines, it REALLY shines and the character models are a cut above what's available in most other titles.
The light (that isn't baked) is also really, really good. Some scenes are lit phenomenally!
I love the motion blur too.

Gameplay wise it's taken some very clear inspiration from Assassin's Creed and The Witcher III.
Kind of amazing that these two games have influences which are still felt in 2024.

I wonder when this shyt will drop on PC as I'd rather play on Ultra settings. I can't see pass the graphic downgrades of consoles anymore.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Gotta wait until Saturday to play it. Already installed.

Looking incredible. Hands down my favorite video game company of all-time next to Nintendo.

Last edited: