Official Power Season 1 Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
first off, this show is trash. It's everything HBO gives you expect for the quality writing, memorable characters, top notch acting. But I guess it's the only thing on TV at the moment, so it is entertaining LOL

Y'all really hate Tommy that much? He's the ONLY one that asks all of the questions that needs to be asked. Hell, the way I see it, there's no way the Ghost ever makes it to the top of the game without Tommy. They would've merked his a$$ a long time ago and got him out of the picture. I don't think they would ever betray each other though.

With Angie and coke-klepto, anyone that they let into their lives is gonna find out what they do. Angie is more dangerous of sending them up than klepto, because she's career driven. If it comes to it, Tommy will off klepto.

Daps
Critical Thinkers, this is what you need to know.

Power, was only given one year and 10 episodes, so the writing couldn't be as specific as Courtney originally dreamed, so she had to strip out a lot of the detail and be very general hence the cliche' things you see. Courtney has a pedigree Emmy writes for "The Good Wife". Had she been giving the opportunity of a guarantee of 2 years or 3 years, then yes, the characters would have been a little more fleshed out, but then nikkas would complain it's dragging on and on.

This story isn't like Boardwalk Empire, which has history on its side as well as a multi year deal to allow for characther developement. Unfortunately she had to make fastfood and make it as good as possible, which I think she did.

Very good post, and it seems to be ringing true. I understand why Starz would be cautious (well not really, this show can't be that expensive to shoot), but it's looking like they really undercut this show's potential by half stepping.

I can't stop :snoop:ing at the poor writing, tho. And there's a lot of it. In addition to a lot of the stuff y'all already pointed out, how is Tommy gonna walk out of Ruiz's apartment without asking everybody there to describe that chick. Ruiz may not have been looking to tough at her face, but somebody there must have gotten a good look at her.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this nikka ghost fukkin up. He out chasing latina puzzy while his fine azz fukk trying to put 50s son on. Then tommy letting some loose stealing ass pyssy steal from his so called sister. He should've merkwed her and kept it moving. I have a feeling tommy gonna have to merk that chick at the end

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
How can you say a woman causing someone's downfall isn't realistic when it's happened ever since the dawn of man? Remember that fukkin United States Senator who ABANDONED his office and family for weeks to run off to South America with his mistress :russ: Yes, b. Stuff like this does happen.
Naw that was the governor of south carolina

Loud Still Coolin

Suppose be a IT cert like you coli nikkaz
Daps
Reppin
Certz Up ..... Hoezzzz down .....
tommy will die soon while coked up lol. theres no way that broke coke head bartender can last. shes too ugly. pretty soon kantos gon have to sell work brehs and count money. tasha dumb for showin that cracker her closet anyway. that white btch gotta die now.

as for shawns character that was a "i want the p*ssy move b11tch stop playin"

hes not gonna hit ever brehs. but his character is developing. the twat will get em killed. he knows he cant sntch on ghost all the way to tasha brehs. cmon brehs he met ghost first. hes gonna learn how to be ghost it seems.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Very good post, and it seems to be ringing true. I understand why Starz would be cautious (well not really, this show can't be that expensive to shoot), but it's looking like they really undercut this show's potential by half stepping.

I can't stop :snoop:ing at the poor writing, tho. And there's a lot of it. In addition to a lot of the stuff y'all already pointed out, how is Tommy gonna walk out of Ruiz's apartment without asking everybody there to describe that chick. Ruiz may not have been looking to tough at her face, but somebody there must have gotten a good look at her.
Come on man. You are nit picking like a mafukka. It's TV, breh, you can take any good show and find small shyt just like you are talking about. Whats next?

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:heh: @ all of the cats complaining about p*ssy being the downfall of the characters. Isn't that real life?
Like all of yall go through life just giving women "hard dikk and bubble gum" w/o getting your heart broken. :shaq2:
Knowing damn well most of us have had at least one sucker for love moment in our lives..
ZZjh38L.jpg

No, the show isn't on some True Detective, BB, or GoT steeze but its funny, those shows and other great to good shows also had characters making atrocious decisions that had you throwing shyt at the screen.
We still enjoying them but didn't get our super critical eye on until it was a black show. :smh:

Also, plenty of men have cheated on their wives/girlfriends with women that you :dwillhuh:
Ghost's love interest seems like a solid actress BUT I see what yall are saying though.
I don't mind her but I would have preferred other actresses like...
Zulay Henao
zulay_henao_takers_premiere_P4D9xUI.sized.jpg

or
Nadine Velazquez
tumblr_ldl74jMqJ11qb6yqdo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Lol at the driver dry snitching on Tommy

Ehh at 50 in this. Looks like he is going to have a bigger part hopefully next season I think it's fine the way it is

Both Tommy and ghost wide open over some p*ssy

Lol ghost wife got to give up the p*ssy now..women have fukked for less