Official Power Season 1 Thread

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I liked it. Obviously it was just the first episode and so it didn't get deep into any storylines or anything, but it looks promising.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Caught it last weekend in a thread here. Loved it.:obama:

Glad it came out the gate with fiya ratings. Not sure id say black excellence given the plot and ethics at play lol but its always refreshing to see black characters given this type of stage on premium channels.. its why im such a big fan of house of lies/marty kann and boardwalk empire with chalky/omar. Hopefully things progress and ghost grows into a memorable protagonist.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Wasn't too impressed.. I'll watch a couple more episodes. They got to make the lead character Ghost deeper than just a drug dealer- club owner. Who uses the term "drug dealer" anymore anyways? How about a businessman who keeps the drugs aspect on the low
he's a dealer trying to keep low buy washing money with a high end night club. From what I seen it looks like he is about to get pulled in so many directions he is going to snap. I can already tell this is going to be a pretty good show.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
he's a dealer trying to keep low buy washing money with a high end night club. From what I seen it looks like he is about to get pulled in so many directions he is going to snap. I can already tell this is going to be a pretty good show.
I know this but the terminology feels so old.. feels like it was written during the New Jack City era. I was in NY four months ago for a few days and this is just off the top of my head- I would have dude owning a hot new restaurant/lounge instead of a nightclub, put it in Harlem, maybe he's in politics, or hell maybe he's a chef in his own restaurant.. and then the drug running is the underbelly of his whole sh*t. But I just don't see the "just a drug dealer and nightclub owner" mantra. How do you flesh this out for 12 episodes if that's all he is? That's just me.. I'll continue to watch. I want to see a black drama succeed as well

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
Finally saw it last nite. :ehh: Myself, Im just tired of street tales. but I decided to give it a shot. Typical drug dealer wants to go legit story line. A few too many clichés, he wanna go legit his boy wanna stay street (u can see where that will eventually end up) The hoodrat girl whose down, but them titty meats :takedat:w/ the disapproving moms. The wife piece said she thought he was gonna cheat w/ the pr joint I said she prob a da (was proven right) but u know he will smash. The Sosaish cat. blah blah

However it is nice seeing so many black and brown faces on screen just wish it was another storyline. It has potential, its on the dvr so i'll watch and hold out sum hope. Tho the shyt looks a lot like Belly