Official Power Season 1 Thread

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Show was dope and definitely has potential. I like that Starz be taking chances with all these different types of shows too. Black Sails had a good 1st episode and then that shyt went :flabbynsick: real fast. (How you make a show about Pirates boring. :snoop:) Hopefully that doesn't happen to Power. Spartacus and DaVinci's Demons were on point tho.

I gotta feeling 50 won't let us down, so we should be eating good all summer.

:patrice: Had high hopes for Black Sails too. That shyt fell off hard. Only interesting episode after the first was the season finale.

I thought the first episode of Power was decent, but if any network can fukk up a good concept, it is starz, the :flabbynsick: premium cable network

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm glad I made it all the way through to the end of the episode, looks like it could be good. Couple of suspect/cliche moments almost ruined it for me though, like the mother-in-law seeming to be skeptical of dudes lifestyle and asking how he know spanish, but it seems like dude and his girl been together for at least 10 years based on the kiddos so it's kinda late in the game for skepticism, but I get they were trying to set up a story line.

Also, the fact that the spanish chick was in the club threw me for a loop once we got to the end of the episode. Like, was she there for business or pleasure? If business, then she know something already. Hopefully that piece plays out in a well written manner.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad I made it all the way through to the end of the episode, looks like it could be good. Couple of suspect/cliche moments almost ruined it for me though, like the mother-in-law seeming to be skeptical of dudes lifestyle and asking how he know spanish, but it seems like dude and his girl been together for at least 10 years based on the kiddos so it's kinda late in the game for skepticism, but I get they were trying to set up a story line.

Also, the fact that the spanish chick was in the club threw me for a loop once we got to the end of the episode. Like, was she there for business or pleasure? If business, then she know something already. Hopefully that piece plays out in a well written manner.
that had me like :stopitslime:

they been together for years bytch you know that nikka sell dope

ol girl was there for pleasure cause if you remember they went to see the plug at the hotel so they're not on the feds radar. Just the guy who he went to go see cause they following ol boy.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:blessed:bytch from 3LW showing them titty meats again going fully nude for the cause.
tumblr_n6ht6qXMJn1rlb6iho2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n6htemI1Mu1rlb6iho4_250.gif

:yeshrug:Will watch the next few episodes off that alone.

Story is okay but that albino looking dude is already annoying as fukk:scusthov:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drama from 50 Cent performs essentially on par with opening weekend for “Da Vinci's Demons”Starz's

“Power” premiered over the weekend, drawing more than 2 million total viewers overall for the weekend.

Depending on how you slice it, the numbers for “Power” put it on a par with the debut of “Da Vinci's Demons” on the premium network.

“Power,” which counts Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as an executive producer, tells the story of James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick), who seems to have it all: a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse, and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York.

The earlier show drew 2.14 million total viewers over its premiere weekend airings, similar to “Power's” tally. And “Power” drew 1.27 million total viewers over multiple airings on Saturday night, when it premiered — in line with the 1.3 million total viewers that “Da Vinci's Demons” grabbed over multiple airings on its premiere night.

The initial airing of “Power” at 9 p.m. Saturday night, however, posted 462,000 total viewers — far shy of the 1.04 million who tuned in for the premiere telecast of “Da Vinci's Demons” (though, it's worth noting, the “Demons” premiere was at Friday at 10 p.m.).

While Starz is a premium channel and not dependent on commercials, the premiere of “Power” scored well in the 18-49 demographic most important to advertisers, accounting for 52 percent of the show's opening weekend audience. That was the largest audience concentration in the demo for a Starz original series since “Spartacus.”

http://www.thewrap.com/starzs-power-draws-2-million-plus-viewers-over-premiere-weekend/