Official Power Season 1 Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Thats what I'm saying. nikkas critiquing every scene and everyones acting. Man I don't get to deep in the shyt. I just wanna see what happens between Ghost and his wife, his wife and the drive, tommy and ghost, ghost and angela, and 50 cent and his son. I'm interested to see how it plays out, not that the 3lw chick isn't a highly skilled actress. Her acting is fine with me.

Pretty much agree with this post.

A long as the acting ain't as bad as Silk the Shocker in that Hot Boyz movie, I'm good. nikkas do tend to over analyze everything instead of just allowing themselves to be entertained.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Pretty much agree with this post.

A long as the acting ain't as bad as Silk the Shocker in that Hot Boyz movie, I'm good. nikkas do tend to over analyze everything instead of just allowing themselves to be entertained.

Nothing wrong with watching things with a critical or analytical eye though. A lot of times things can be more entertaining when viewed in that lens. The show is pulp entertainment tho nothing wrong with that. Last night's episode when wifey enticed that man in the shower tho?:wow: She needs some better dialogue tho damn lol

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
shows trash, but the wife is the WOAT character. I hope that bytch never gets another job thats how irrelevant she is. One of the most worthless characters ive ever seen. Brings nothing to the show if you eliminate her no one would notice :pachaha:

yeah, they made a bad choice with casting her because she just doesnt fit the role. her and LaLa are BY FAR bad pics for the role.

but overall, i'm feeling the show

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Nothing wrong with watching things with a critical or analytical eye though. A lot of times things can be more entertaining when viewed in that lens. The show is pulp entertainment tho nothing wrong with that. Last night's episode when wifey enticed that man in the shower tho?:wow: She needs some better dialogue tho damn lol

No doubt breh. Being critical is cool, but sometimes cats just go overboard with it. Like for example nikkas would go in to see a movie like The Raid expecting a riveting story with well thought out characters instead of an action flick that's main focus is bad ass fighting sequences.

But, for real they left the fans hanging with that shower scene with Wifey and that Wade looking nikka tho. I'm thinking we gon get them titty meats again an instead the shows over. :what:

Her dialogue in the show could step up. That scene needed something to be said. I mean we don't know if she was gonna tease dude or smash him lol

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
nikkas are tripping when they talk about how Tommy's acting is, dude is a dope ass character to me and it was a good idea for 50 to use a whiteboy as his partner in order to bring more white viewers. It helps whites accept a black TV show when the whiteboy is the most entertaining character and the wild nikka of a crime drama. Dude plays his role as a loose cannon very well and I hope him and Ghost dont end up beefing. nikkas talking about predictable, but I have no idea where they are going with the coke sniffing white girl, maybe they are using that to teach Tommy a lesson in the future cause ole girl is no good. Great show so far, with the right moves this season can end greatly.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No doubt breh. Being critical is cool, but sometimes cats just go overboard with it. Like for example nikkas would go in to see a movie like The Raid expecting a riveting story with well thought out characters instead of an action flick that's main focus is bad ass fighting sequences.

But, for real they left the fans hanging with that shower scene with Wifey and that Wade looking nikka tho. I'm thinking we gon get them titty meats again an instead the shows over. :what:

Her dialogue in the show could step up. That scene needed something to be said. I mean we don't know if she was gonna tease dude or smash him lol

I don't think she needed anything to be said because you already know what her intuitions are and you know he's interested. If anything you need some of his thoughts because this has happened like 3x now so he's gotta have some thoughts on it. I was disappointed on the titty meats front tho.. :camby:

And I think the reason dudes will criticize something like The Raid because there is a precedent set for dope action movies with a good story and dope characters. Like Die Hard for instance. But with that said, The Raid is perfect as is because it's about cops scaling a building so the story is simple enough where it makes sense and doesn't need to be any more than what it is

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
I like the show but im starting to hate ghost. U give yo ex bytch a fabulous necklace but send ya wife some bs earrings.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like the show but im starting to hate ghost. U give yo ex bytch a fabulous necklace but send ya wife some bs earrings.

But there's a reason why he's more into his ex than his wife: Angie represents moving forward for him. She's an attorney and he realizes if he wants to go legit, she'll be more accepting of that than wifey will because clearly she wants him to stay in the drug game and he doesn't. I'm not saying what he's doing is right but I understand his motivation and how these two women represent different things to him and it's obvious what life he wants to lead.

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
But there's a reason why he's more into his ex than his wife: Angie represents moving forward for him. She's an attorney and he realizes if he wants to go legit, she'll be more accepting of that than wifey will because clearly she wants him to stay in the drug game and he doesn't. I'm not saying what he's doing is right but I understand his motivation and how these two women represent different things to him and it's obvious what life he wants to lead.
I see ur point, still pissed me off tho, cuz all I see is the bytch he coulda had vs wife. And even tho shes a bird, im still #teamwife. But if it was me, instead of getting mad when I saw him with the bytch then putting on a show for the driver, I woulda introduced myself with him standing there, but thats just me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I see ur point, still pissed me off tho, cuz all I see is the bytch he coulda had vs wife. And even tho shes a bird, im still #teamwife. But if it was me, instead of getting mad when I saw him with the bytch then putting on a show for the driver, I woulda introduced myself with him standing there, but thats just me.

Well she didn't do that until after the fact she realized she wasn't getting attention. That's the only reason she started stripping for this man is because she knows he drools over her and she wants someone to drool over her since Jamie is more focused on truth and the other chick.

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Well she didn't do that until after the fact she realized she wasn't getting attention. That's the only reason she started stripping for this man is because she knows he drools over her and she wants someone to drool over her since Jamie is more focused on truth and the other chick.
I get that, I really do. I just feel she coulda commanded attention in a better way.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get that, I really do. I just feel she coulda commanded attention in a better way.

I think that goes to the writing being kinda meh with her character in general. At times she seems like a strong woman who's more than capable of speaking up and making moves and other times she seems like she's just at the whim of her husband and she's willing to go along not to rock the boat

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
I think that goes to the writing being kinda meh with her character in general. At times she seems like a strong woman who's more than capable of speaking up and making moves and other times she seems like she's just at the whim of her husband and she's willing to go along not to rock the boat
Im witcha when u right!