Official Power Season 1 Thread

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
What emotional range is there for him to show? Ghost is being pulled in a million different directions trying to be all things to all people. 50 on the other hand has a pretty straight forward supporting role. I don't think anybody has ever mistaken 50 for Denzel otherwise he would be playing Ghost. He's playing a cunning, dirty, disloyal, manipulative street nikka...I think he can pull that off. :heh:

Exactly. You're talking about pulling it off, we're talking about bringing life to a character. Is 50 killing the show? No. Could Canaan be more interesting with a Michael K Williams type, definitely.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. You're talking about pulling it off, we're talking about bringing life to a character. Is 50 killing the show? No. Could Canaan be more interesting with a Michael K Williams type, definitely.

But he's not a major character though. He's not in position to make or break the show. That's my point. Obviously a better actor could do a better job but what job are you really asking him to do. Now if they beef 50's role up next year and go all in depth then you have a point. But as of now he's a supporting character with a pretty straight forward arc.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Yea the cupcaking with the ex gf got on my nerves this season as well.

It seem as though instead of Ghost just becoming legit, he wanted a whole new type of lifestyle...thing is that lifestyle doesnt fit him.

I cant wait for Kesha and the driver to fukk :ohlawd:

That white bytch isnt dead...shes coming back and im pretty sure shes gonna try and extort Ghost.

Kanaan getting out of prison is gonna turn the next season da fukk up.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Made plenty of sense to me. She is a bird, and he was aspiring for something better than the life he's led. She was really a metaphor for what he wanted to break away from. Really good series. Can't wait for the next season. 50 has a hit on his hands.
I wasn't clear in what I wrote, ironic considering the topic lol.

I don't believe they wrote that part well. It was too sloppy. I get why he wants to leave her, but they wrote it poorly. There was no tension or drama between the two, while there was drama in nearly every other relationship in the show.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Just finished watching all 8 episodes

Ghost has got to be the WOAT gangster/businessman, I've never seen a character make so many wrong decisions :snoop:, on top of that he can't manage his club properly, he can't manage his wife, he can't manage his driver and he can't even manage his criminal dealings properly :snoop:

I'm struggling to fathom how this nikka got where he is :what:. What kind of high level kingpin skips 4 important meetings, clown was prepared to plaster his face on magazines until Tommy put him in check :heh:

Salivating over Angela :aicmon: if it was pink shoes or Angela's sister I could understand, but that shriveled up dried up thing :childplease:

Tommy was the only sensible person and actually asking logical questions until they did a 180 with him in episode 6, trading guns and discussing "business" whilst a broad who you've only just met is in room :snoop:.

This season was pretty much the set-up season, fireworks will go off next season. You've got the inevitable Ghost v Tommy situation, Ghost v 50, Tasha meeting Angela, How Ghost handles Holly and how Tommy handles Angela, pink shoes, Shawn's allegiance to 50/Ghost, Ghost finding out that Angela's a fed. That sternz guy will probably return as well along with Lobos :ehh:.

One thing for sure is that chump Ghost will end up penniless and alone like Vic Mackie at the end :mjlol:.

The character dynamics are actually quite similar to the ones on the shield :ohhh:

Ghost = Vic, Tommy = Shane, Tasha = Corinne, Holly = Mara and Angela = Olivia. It's even playing out the exact same way:ooh:.

fukk is up with 50 being Shawn's son, when they were talking about him before he appeared, they were making out like he was significantly older than both Tommy and Ghost. However when Shawn meets him, they looked the same age and he's supposed to be about 20 years younger than him :russ:, as least give homeboy grey hair and glasses or something.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
just finished watching all of it.

amazing show, haven't been this hooked on any show for a long ass time.

salute to all involved.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I think next season will be even better cause we will start to get answers to some of these plots that are going on. Plus it started to pick up near the end so i see it only being better from this point on.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I think next season will be even better cause we will start to get answers to some of these plots that are going on. Plus it started to pick up near the end so i see it only being better from this point on.
And there will be a lot more hustle, meaning a lot more violence along with storylines developing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:sas1:

Omari Hardwick’s Wife Jae Pfautch
Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 | Author: BW Staff

Meet Jae (Jennifer) Pfautch, wife of actor Omari Hardwick.

According to sources, Omari and Jae married back in 2012. The couple has one child together.

During the last seven years, Jae (Jennifer) Pfautch, who hails from Saint Louis, Missouri, has worked as a publicist and producer at some of Hollywood’s most prestigious companies.

Omari Hardwick is best known for his roles in the TV series “Saved” and “Dark Blue,” and in the movies Spike Lee’s Miracle at St. Anna (2008), The A-Team (2010), Kick-Ass (2010) and Tyler Perry’s For Colored Girls (2010).

Omari was also featured with actress Gabrielle Union tonight in BET’s “Being Mary Jane.”

- See more at: http://ballerwives.com/2013/07/02/omari-hardwicks-wife-jae-pfautch/#sthash.DZijpGrf.dpuf

:sas2: :mjpls: